Thread: English profeciency or IELTS for SMC "Telecommunications Network Engineer"

Default English profeciency or IELTS for SMC "Telecommunications Network Engineer"

Hello Everyone,

I am submitting my ITA this week. My citizenship is from Pakistan and currently working in KSA, previously i worked in U.A.E & Malaysia.

I have got 140points.

I want to know what's the trend going on in London branch for considering English Profeciency Letters (for both applicant & patner). Me & my patner have 16 years of study and it was entirely instructed in English Medium.

I am planning to submit EP letters instead of IELTs score. After my submission i will prepare for IELTS if CO asked then I will appear in IELTS exam....but I really want to skip it because of work load.

Thanks

Nazir

Hi Nazir

In usual circumstances they may need IELTS with a combined score of 6.5 bands for you and 5 bands for your partner. You can always submit EP letters but these will depend on which universities you have been through. My guess is they may ask you for IELTS.

It's perfectly in order to submit alternative evidence of English proficiency, although some COs have an automatic reaction to ask for an IELTS - if you point out what you have submitted instead, and it's good evidence, it should go through.