Thread: Could you please share the processing time from skilled employment (under SMC Job search visa) to Resident visa?

Default Could you please share the processing time from skilled employment (under SMC Job search visa) to Resident visa?

I got a SMC Job Search Visa.
    I am wondering when my deferred resident visa will be apporved if I send the evidences for skilled employment as soon as I start working.
    Of cource, I will send additional evidences after 3 months from working start date.
    Could you please share your experience about the processing time from sending evidence to approval of a resident visa?
    I hope that it doesn't take too long. I want to be with my kids and OH.

One more question,
    I am a software engineer (Part A of Appendix 6 - List of Skilled Occupations)
    Is there any minumum salary which I should be paid?
    I cannot find any information about this for my occupation in INZ site.
    Last edited by neocool77; 11th April 2013 at 10:14 PM.

They will process your Residence visa as soon as they get your evidence that you have a skilled job offer. You will get Residence with a Section 49(1) condition on it (that is to say, you must work at the job you have been offered for three months, then you can show them that you have done that, and you then get another Residence visa clear of all conditions). Your wife and family will be entitled to these same Residence visas, which means they could come to join you very shortly after you start working. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm

Here are some search results on the subject of a salary level, which might give you something to think about before anyone in the business there replies.. Be careful to notice the date on them - some are quite old.

Hi JandM,

Seems link is missing. I couldn't able to see any link.

Please update the link. I am also very eager to see that.

Regards,
    Raju.

Oh, how strange that did not appear! I'll have another go...

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_rn...iw=818&bih=519

Hi..i would like to know how long is the average processing time for a smc applicant? I sent mine to Shanghai branch and it's been about 4 months after a CO took it up..need advice on any next step or follow up..thanks

I'm sorry but there's no such thing as a meaningful average for processing times. They vary because every applicant's personal circumstances (which have to be checked by the CO) are different. The speed of replies from those they have to check with is different. The workload in the INZ offices fluctuates. And COs don't contact you if there's nothing to tell you. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

Thanks JandM