Thread: How to progress new products to market

Lightbulb How to progress new products to market

I've designed a few innovative products and have a few more great ideas on paper. I was a finalist in the Bright Ideas Business Challenge but only the winner got any real help. Most of the business/entrepreneur start up groups require lots of $'s to access, and patent attorneys also cost a bomb leaving this poor designer stumped for ideas or places to go to get his products off the ground.

Wouldn't it be great if there was somewhere, where great ideas / products could be evaluated and may-be fast tracked into business's with the help of entrepreneurs and financiers.

Anyone else have great ideas or products. or information on help manufacturing / marketing new products.

I keep hearing ads about Auckland Chamber of Commerce where established Entrepreneurs & businessmen devote their time to mentor budding Entrepreneurs. Yes protecting your products and concepts is quite expensive but I read on IPONZ website that NZ is the cheapest compared to rest of the world. Since last December, NZ has been part of WIPO so you can Trademark/protect your product with single application here in NZ. I'm not sure if that helps but I hope you find some investor - what's the product group that you are aiming at? Who knows there might be some investor in the forum itself

You can talk to Lightning Lab, it is a startup incubator in Wellington and also operates in Auckland. It's backed by Webfunds and my impression is they are well connected to the VC circuit in San Francisco as well.

lightninglab.co.nz