Thread: Silver Fern Visa - A Few Questions

Default Silver Fern Visa - A Few Questions

Hello Everybody. This is my first post on this forum. I hope to get a few possible answers to my questions.

I have already arrived in New Zealand on a 9 month Silver Fern Job Search Visa. I am currently in the process of looking for work and appearing for job interviews.

I'd like to ask -
    1) Is it mandatory to have a SKILLED job offer ONLY in line with the skills proved by my Qualifications or prior Work Experience?
    I come from a background of working/academics in the media. So does this mean i can't take up ANY other full time job offer that comes my way (eg - call centre, retail jobs)? Can a full time job offer at a government run call centre satisfy Silver Fern Employment Conditions?

2) Assuming there has to be only a Skilled employment job offer to fulfill Silver Fern Visa conditions - can i still take up retail, casual, temp, part time jobs to sustain my living costs during my stay in NZ? that is until i land myself a full time skilled job offer? can employers legally hire me for such short term employment on my SF visa?

Would appreciate a reply from you guys. Thanks in Advance. Cheers.

Hello and welcome.

You can be employed at anything, by any NZ employer, full-time or part-time, while on the SF JSV.
    Silver Fern Job Search visas will allow the applicant to work for any employer in any occupation in New Zealand.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/34516.htm

The point of the Silver Fern Job Search Visa is to allow you to find a skilled job so that you will be qualified to move on to some other kind of visa, so you need to be careful that any temporary job you take allows you enough flexibility to go for interviews, etc..

Thank You so much for replying. This will help me plan things better for the future.

You're welcome. Good luck.

Currently I am in New Zealand on SFJSV. Can I apply SF JSV for my partner from here? Actually, I heard from someone that the applicant must be residing outside New Zealand while applying for SFV JSV.

If that visa application goes successful on 29th April, can she bring 1-2 year child with her on this visa?

Details of Silver Fern are all here (and at the link to more answers near the bottom of that page). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../jobsearch.htm People can only apply from outside NZ, and no accompanying children are allowed.

Currently I am in New Zealand on SFJSV. Can I apply SF JSV for my partner from here? Actually, I heard from someone that the applicant must be residing outside New Zealand while applying for SFV JSV.

If that visa application goes successful on 29th April, can she bring 1-2 year child with her on this visa?

Ok, thanks JandM.