Thread: Best way to call girl friend in New Zealand

Cool Best way to call girl friend in New Zealand

Hi all, I am wondering on an immigration situation and looking for your expert advice.
    One of my friend who is a NZ resident wants to sponsor his GF a visitor Visa to NZ .

and he told me that he will then apply for her residency with him to let her stay here
    but I think it is not that easy.. though I don't actually know what would be the complications
    but now curious of this situation.

Some info :

Boy : NZ resident (Pakistani Citizen), good amount of funds to show, Permanent Job
    Girl : Pakistani citizen, New passport without any visa, IT degree holder ( her study is in Skill shortage ) , 22 yrs

Any input would be appreciated

she can go on visit visa, or common law partner but for that he has to show they have been living together for a year. And i don't think they can show this from Pakistan that the lived together.

Hello Gourav
    A lot depends on how long they have been in a relationship, if they ever lived together and for how long. If she applies for a visitor visa in her own right, the most important factor will be that she can prove she is "bona fide" - in other words, that she has a return ticket to Pakistan or the money to buy one, that she has family, a home, a job or something to go back to in Pakistan at the end of her visit. If she wants to apply for a special visa under the V3 category as a partner, this might be possible if they have lived together in the past and can provide evidence of this. If you or your friend goes to the INZ Operational Manual - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm and then go to Section V3.15, this will explain the rules. Many of the words used have a very precise meaning and it is worth taking the time to follow all the links carefully and look up terms in the Glossary provided. Another possibility is that she could apply under the Skilled Migrant Category. If her degree is on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (see Operational manual Appendix 3) or it is assessed by NZQA as equivalent and she has enough work experience she might get enough points. My guess is that if she has 2 years work experience in IT (it would have to be for a multinational company with a head office in what NZ calls a "comparable labour market") and the appropriate degree recognition, she could get 110 points - without a job offer this would still not be enough. So, to go through the SMC route she would need a job offer. I hope this helps. If they have any further questions they are welcome to ask for more help. Kind regards. Karen

Also, if the girl friend gets to NZ with a visitor's visa, whether one in her own right like Karen just mentioned, or a sponsored one if they ever lived together in the past, it's certainly possible that this couple could start the process for getting her to stay in the longer term. Everything about partnership depends for INZ on live-in relationships which can be proved with evidence (see old threads on here). So they would need to move in together at once, and start collecting evidence that they are living together. After that, all the information about requirements can be found here and at the links off that page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm (This would probably be the necessary first step towards Residence for her, since they wouldn't have 12 months'-worth of evidence of partnership, going right up to date.)

Thanks farooq0520, Karen and JandM for your valuable inputs

@Karen I believe applying under SMC won't work as Girl is newly passed out, no work experience at all. and further I
    am aware of partnerships requirements. All I was wondering is if there is an easy way to call your GF. with whom
    you actually never lived together, you just dated ( while in own country ), being in contact through email, phone etc.
    Specifically "Long Distance Relationship"

@JandM this link was really helpful and certainly gives me an Idea kudos to you man

However going to a point ( pretty much which is not on immigration website ), is it possible.

> Sponsor as a Visitor visa to the Girl just a friend, normal Gf or anything but not as a partner
    > Girl will get it as man ( NZ Resident) is sponsoring every bit and she have no medical, character condition
    > Girl Lands to NZ as Visitor on 3 months visa, Lives with MAN ( man of her dreams ), they travel
    and spend time and then after 2 months or so Man informs INZ that he is in love with this girl and
    wants her to stay here as his partner.

Now question is:

> will she be allowed to get 1 year work visa as stated for partnership less than 12 months ( considering her way to arrive in NZ )

Someone even told me that quite a number of times immigration put a clause on visitor visa of Asian girls that you can not
    marry or do partnership during your visit.. ( not sure if its really a case :/ )

All I was wondering is if there is an easy way to call your GF. with whom
    you actually never lived together, you just dated ( while in own country ), being in contact through email, phone etc.
    No, there isn't. INZ can't deal with people's emotional involvement, based only on how they say they relate to one another, because such things aren't provable - it would just come down to who can write the best story. And, since the partnership visas have the least amount of proof required (no qualifications or work experience), that's the visa that the fraudsters go for, paying people to lie to get them in. So they go with the live-in partnership, where there can be some solid proof of people being under the same roof, sharing finances, etc., etc..

Specifically "Long Distance Relationship"
    No luck on this in your quoted situation. This will ONLY be considered when there is a couple who can show live-in partnership going back some time, then they have had a solid reason to be apart, for instance that one of them had to travel for work or study, or to care for ailing parents in another country, and then INZ will look at evidence such as emails and phone records of this couple keeping up their contact. It doesn't apply when the couple haven't started a live-in relationship before the separation.

> Sponsor as a Visitor visa to the Girl just a friend, normal Gf or anything but not as a partner
    > Girl will get it as man ( NZ Resident) is sponsoring every bit and she have no medical, character condition
    Note everything it says on this page about being a visitor to NZ.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...isit/visitors/ She would have to show as an interested tourist of NZ, with plenty of knowledge of what she wants to see and visit, but with reasons to go back home at the end of the visit - e.g. a home to go to, a job or study course lined up. The application is going to be scrutinized carefully, especially if there is a NZ sponsor in the picture. (And if he wants to sponsor, there is a link on that page to the form and instructions.) If she could meet the financial criteria herself, it would possibly attract less attention.
    > Girl Lands to NZ as Visitor on 3 months visa, Lives with MAN ( man of her dreams ), they travel
    and spend time and then after 2 months or so Man informs INZ that he is in love with this girl and
    wants her to stay here as his partner.
    There's absolutely nothing against this, if she once gets there and they gather their evidence of partnership. But if she could get a visitor visa for longer than three months, there would be a better chance. (I don't know how possible that is for Pakistanis.)
    > will she be allowed to get 1 year work visa as stated for partnership less than 12 months ( considering her way to arrive in NZ )
    If their evidence is all in place and accepted as valid, it shouldn't be a problem. How the person arrived is immaterial. There are people who quite genuinely arrived on what they thought was going to be a holiday, met a NZ partner, moved in with them, got a partner-sponsored work visa, and never went home.

Someone even told me that quite a number of times immigration put a clause on visitor visa of Asian girls that you can not
    marry or do partnership during your visit.. ( not sure if its really a case :/ )
    I have never heard of this, and don't believe it could be true, since it would be racist and a breach of human rights. You know, every time a person talks about immigration plans, for themself or a partner, there is always a 'someone' who steps up with a story to rain on their parade. It's sometimes a kind of teasing or bullying, I think, even if subconscious, coming from jealousy that this person is standing out from the crowd by doing something they haven't had the courage to go for themself.

HOWEVER, what is true is that there are two points when his lady's applications are going to be very carefully looked at. One is the point when she applies for the visitor visa, as mentioned above. The other is on the application for the partner-sponsored work visa - but only because ALL partnership visas are closely examined for signs of fraud. So make sure their evidence is there, under all headings (see old threads), lots of it, with plenty of involvement of both of them with other people and official NZ organizations knowing them BOTH as being at that address and together.

Hi
    None of this is easy. I agree SMC not going to work at this stage. For INZ a partner is someone with whom you live in a genuine and stable and enduring relationship. At this point in time, I can't see any way she will get a visa as a partner. She could try for a visitor visa but she would almost certainly need to show that she had a return flight to prove she genuinely intended leaving NZ before visa expires. If the couple then live together in NZ they codul apply to INZ for a Special category Visitir Visa under V# as a partner of less than 12 months. However, on a Visitor visa, she cannot work. Or, she could try to get a job while on visitor visa and then apply for work visa once in NZ. The only other option would be to take a chance on a Silver Fern Job Search Visa. This will depend on whether or not her degree is on the List of Qualifications exempt form Assessment. If it is, she still has time. If not, it is probably too late for this year. I don't want to advertise my business on the forum but I have a lot of useful information on my website about Silver Fern Visas. If you send me a Private Message I will pass on the details. I am not looking to make any money out of this. Hope this helps. Karen