Thread: Applying Visa but currently not lliving in the country of birth

Question Applying Visa but currently not lliving in the country of birth

Greetings!

I'm currently in New Zealand but my friend ask a lot of question about applying visa in NZ.

She's a Filipino Citizen but currently working in Saudi Arabia. Where exactly or the best way to apply, in Dubai branch or in Manila branch of INZ? Because the concern is the best and fastest way to receive the feedback or results from the INZ.

One option we thought, if I, which is I'm in New Zealand, could process her paper instead. Is it possible to address the INZ result nor feedback to my mailing address? Its like an INZ agent process but not an INZ agent. So the information in the application will be all about her, but the address to be post back the result will be mine, would it be possible this way?

Friend: Nurse, more than 3 years work experience.

Any answer would be appreciated...
    Last edited by camilord; 14th April 2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: additional info...

No, you and your friend can't do this. She will have to put in application to the office that covers her current location - INZ offices are assigned to work applications from certain areas of the world only. She can see which one it is by looking on the INZ office and fees finder, on their website. (If someone moves from one country to another during the processing of their application, their case is transferred to the INZ office covering the new home country.)

And most emphatically, do not think of involving yourself or anyone else as if they were an agent when they're not - it is against NZ law for anyone, anywhere in the world, to act as or use an unlicensed agent. To do this could ruin her chances of a visa, and get you prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, you and your friend can't do this. She will have to put in application to the office that covers her current location - INZ offices are assigned to work applications from certain areas of the world only. She can see which one it is by looking on the INZ office and fees finder, on their website. (If someone moves from one country to another during the processing of their application, their case is transferred to the INZ office covering the new home country.)

And most emphatically, do not think of involving yourself or anyone else as if they were an agent when they're not - it is against NZ law for anyone, anywhere in the world, to act as or use an unlicensed agent. To do this could ruin her chances of a visa, and get you prosecuted.
    I see.. ok. thanks for the help... have a nice day!