Thread: Where to post an apartment for rent ad for free?

Default Where to post an apartment for rent ad for free?

Hi, maybe this seems to be a stupid question but I`m not really the computer type guy.... I`m living in US and would like to rent out my mothers apartment from Auckland but I can`t seem to find the proper website to list it on... Any suggestions? It`s even better if you know a website that allows me to list the advertisement for free... Thank you in advance!

You can try http://auckland.gumtree.co.nz/ . TradeMe is like Ebay of NZ, but as far as I know, listings are not free and you cannot register if not in NZ (IP address restriction). Also, you can provide some details of the property here on the forum, and you might get a suitable tenant.

you cannot register if not in NZ (IP address restriction).
    Not automatically. However, several forum members have contacted the people in charge of TradeMe and asked if they can be allowed in when they were about to move to NZ, and have been admitted manually, so the same concession MIGHT be allowed in your situation if you ask.

I tried to request Trademe to allow me to access their website from overseas, and this was their reply (which is no help) :

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your Trade Me account.

You can browse Trade Me while overseas but cannot login. If you log into your account while overseas your Trade Me account may be disabled.

When you're back in New Zealand or Australia you'll be able to login without any worries.

If you need a hand with anything else, please email back or give us a call on 0900 872 33. Just remember that calling us costs $1.99 + GST per minute, but you can email us anytime.

Have a great day,

Aimee

Trade Me Support

That sucks that you can't log in to your Trade Me account from overseas!

You'd be amazed what websites have to do to protect their users from fraudsters and timewasters. It's a shame when it cuts across what somebody honest wants to do, but they're probably going with better safe than sorry.