Thread: immigration lawyer or advisor (Auckland)

Default immigration lawyer or advisor (Auckland)

Hi

Which is better to hire immigration lawyer or adviser? and why.
    Do you recommend good and honest immigration lawyer/adviser in Auckland?

Thanks

Hi. You may not need either a lawyer or immigration adviser. It all depends how complicated your situation is and how much time you can devote to the process. The fees for an immigration adviser are usually significantly higher than for an adviser. Both are trained and experienced. If you go to http://www.iaa.govt.nz/adviser-register/ and put Auckland into the location, you will get a full list of all licensed advisers. It is essential that any adviser you use is licensed. Of the people on the list I have worked with a number as we were all among the first graduates of the new compulsory qualification. Take a look at the details of Shinalda Wong, Harshita Kaushik, Kelly Coetzee, Rimple Padda and Bevin Skelton. Your advise can be anywhere, so if you are outside New Zealand at present, you may want to find someone in your own location - however, other means of communication these days mean that this is not usually an issue. I have other contacts in other cities in NZ and overseas. Feel free to ask. Cheers. Karen Phillips

Lightbulb

I needed the same advice as to choose between an adviser or an lawyer and went with lawyer and my decision payed off well in the end. During the times of need a local lawyer can for sure help you with your problem, just make sure he/she is licensed and has hands on experience in the field. The online site of the lawyer who helped me in my case is this. Good luck.

Just FYI, the immigration licensing regime doesn't cover lawyers in NZ so you will only find a list of advisers on the IAA's website. Lawyers are separately regulated by the NZ Law Society and can be found here: http://www.lawsociety.org.nz/for-the...d-organisation