Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership Visa

Default Partnership Visa

hi,
    just a quick question,
    my husband is applying for temp work visa based on partnership, does he need to submit his birth certificate and do we need to provide evidence of our previous marital status? we will submit our marriage certificate anyway and it clearly states that both of were single before. do we still need to provide that evidence?

thnx

There is no mention of either of the things you have mentioned on the form he has to submit. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1198.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There is no mention of either of the things you have mentioned on the form he has to submit. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1198.pdf
    yah,, the INZ form does not require those,, however since my husband is sending his app form to Bankok, they have a seperate checklist with all sorts of documents required,,

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ershipVisa.doc

that's why I was wondering about this :O

Since he has to apply to Bangkok office and they say they require these things, you will only hold things up if you don't supply them. Even though it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, when dealing with government offices, if they say, 'Jump,' you say, 'How high?'.

The other question I have is,, they are asking for :

11. Evidence that you and your partner are intending to be in
    New Zealand for the same period of time applied for by
    you.

what can I provide as evidence for his? I obviously will be in NZ with my husband during that period.

Ideas just off the top of my head here - I don't know of any set format for proof like this. Possibly quotes for air tickets for TWO people travelling - correspondence from his employer that mentions when he can start, and possibly about him bringing his wife - copies of any contacts with landlords or agents about accommodation for both of you.

...also a letter stating this from your husband would be a good idea. Remember, a marriage certificate is not sufficient evidence of partnership. You must provide such things as joint bank statements, photos of the two of you together that are somehow time-linked (at a religious festival that happens annually??), official letters sent to the two of you or to each of separately at the same address covering the longest possible time period. Good luck! Karen

But - proof they will be in NZ at the time? Proof of the future? This is a new one on me, for them to ask.

The rules state that anyone wanting to sponsor a partner on a temp visa (this includes children) must be in NZ for the length of the temp visa. E6.5.1: In addition to the requirement of E6.5(c)(i), to be an acceptable sponsor for a temporary entry class visa application a natural person must: be ordinarily resident in New Zealand during the term of sponsorship, unless stated otherwise in specific instructions; Proving this is tricky. I think a declaration that this is the intention is often as good as it gets. Karen

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Ideas just off the top of my head here - I don't know of any set format for proof like this. Possibly quotes for air tickets for TWO people travelling - correspondence from his employer that mentions when he can start, and possibly about him bringing his wife - copies of any contacts with landlords or agents about accommodation for both of you.
    i don't understand? i am already in nz, he's applying from overseas,, and he does not have a job offer yet? what do you mean by the air tickets and letters from his employer?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    ...also a letter stating this from your husband would be a good idea. Remember, a marriage certificate is not sufficient evidence of partnership. You must provide such things as joint bank statements, photos of the two of you together that are somehow time-linked (at a religious festival that happens annually??), official letters sent to the two of you or to each of separately at the same address covering the longest possible time period. Good luck! Karen
    yes ,, we will supply the marriage certificate and photos and all thAt.

what i want to know is what can i provide as evidence that i will be with him in nz when he's here,, i will write a letter stating this and he will mention that in his letter and I can get my mother to write a letter as well,

i think a letter from my employer, stating that i will be in nz during that 1 year period (working in that company), will be ok as well??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast