Thread: Family Category:dependent child?????

Default Family Category:dependent child?????

My stepson is potentially being classed as a dependent child (we will be declined residency if so)...but he has never lived with us and CSA payments are now stopped. INZ Auckland said (at the EOI stage) that it would be ok if I could show he does not live with us. I have sent Contact Order (from court at time of OH divorce 14 yrs ago) and CSA final letter, CO says she has sent same to the legal team...does anyone have experiance of this? worried we will be rejected at this late stage. Please help...

It sounds as though you have the most solid evidence anyone could wish for, but I'm sure you'll go on worrying until you havd the official reply. Hang in there. ((()))

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It sounds as though you have the most solid evidence anyone could wish for, but I'm sure you'll go on worrying until you havd the official reply. Hang in there. ((()))

lol...just in case the legal bods decision is unfavourable I have asked our CO to continue with the application in my name only, Hubby can follow as a "partner" when the DC is 20yrs old (18 months time)...hubby will travel with me at the end of May and stay 6 months (buy house etc) then...and here is another question...
    does he have to fly back to the uk? I'm sure I've read somewhere on here that people are flying to Sydney Australia then getting a flight back to satisfy visa requirements...is this so? if not then we will have to have 12 months apart, then apply, then a few months later maybe risk hubby coming to NZ whilst visa application is finalised...I know this is the worst case scenario but I like to have plans in place for all eventualities...
    hope someone can help...

Normally, when someone has been in NZ as a visitor for the longest period allowed (which partly depends on where they come from, and what kind of visitor visa they have), they aren't allowed another visitor visa until a comparable length of time has gone by, the basic idea being that you could have HALF your time in NZ as a visitor. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...aximumtime.htm

However, six months isn't the longest time he could be in NZ as a visitor - it's possible to apply to get longer. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...isitorvisa.htm But whatever you do, DON'T try and outstay whatever visitor visa he gets, or 'risk' anything, because showing up as an overstayer could jeopardize his getting the the residence through without problems.

Anyway, here's hoping all this turns out to be totally unnecessary.