Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ita

Default Ita

Hi all,

My EOI was selected on 6/3 without a job offer (150 points). I noticed that my application's status was changed to "Decision Successful" a few days after that. I was told that once the status changed to "Decision Successful" ITA is being sent out however it has since been almost a month and I am still waiting for ITA.

Can someone please advise if above length of waiting time is normal? Should I write to ask Immigration Dept about status of my application or should wait for some more time?

Any advice that could be given is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Kelvin

From what we see on the threads, to wait up to three weeks for the ITA is very normal, so your case is getting on the long side. In your shoes, I think I'd ask them politely if you 'should have heard anything yet, in case whatever they've sent has gone astray in the mail...???'

Hi,

Same as the case with me. I did not get any intimation. I called up the customer care.
    Then they told I will receive it soon and got it accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju.

....also, if you get a job offer while you are waiting, let them know straight away and you will go to the top of the list and be allocated a case officer etc. more or less immediately. Some offices take longer than others and given the increasing percentage of new EOIs selected that are coming out of India, I guess India might be on the slow side right now. Good luck! Karen

Red face

@Kelvin

In any case calling them or sending and email them isnt of any harm, Something similar happened to me
    and when I called the, after 4 weeks they told it already been sent 15 days ago. I asked
    from neighbors and got that half apart in toy room of one of their kid

however got another ITA in next 2 days free of cost

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience and your great advice. Much much appreciated. I will contact them on Monday and will keep all advised of the outcomes. In the meantime, can you please also advise while waiting for ITA is there anything I should do to prepare for the ITA? Thanks all again for your great help!

Kind regards,
    Kelvin

Hi. It all depends what you've already done. Is your qualification on the list of those exempt? If not, did you just get a PAR for your EOI or did you get an IQA? If PAR, you will need and IQA when you lodge your visa application. You could also be checking out where you will need to go for your medical, x-ray and how to get your police check done. Will you need a police check from more than one country? You will need to have certified copies of things like birth certificate, your degree certificate etc. (not sure where you're from originally - obviously not Australia or you wouldn't be having to go through all this), but official translations might be required. If you are including anyone else such as a partner or dependent children, you will need evidence about the length of your relationship, so you could start gathering this, full birth certificates for children etc. This should keep you busy for a while! Make sure you know to which office you have to submit your application. Karen

Thank you everyone for your great advice.

Today I called Immigration Dept and was advised that the ITA has been emailed to me since 12/3/13, which means less than a week since my EOI was selected...It is disappointing that I have not received anything though the email address that they confirmed with me again today was correct. I checked my Junk Mails and did not see any emails from them either. I was told that my case officer will be informed of this and he would email the ITA again to me as well as post me a hard copy. They told me to allow 2 working days for the case officer to resend the ITA. I really hope this time I will receive it.

In the meantime, I guess I should start my preparation for the ITA immediately as I already lost more than 1 month waiting for the ITA.

I have got the advice from Karen in regards to things I can prepare for the ITA as above, which is very much appreciated. I still have following questions:

- I am now living in Australia but not a permanent resident, do I have to get police clearance from both Australia and my country of origin? I have been in OZ for almost 2 years and am currently working.

- If someone could share some links/previous threads relating to ITA so I can study and have the best preparation for the ITA that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards,
    Kelvin

You need police checks from any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the course of the last 10 years, as well as your home country. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/

About the ITA, the guide http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf should be helpful. If there's anything which you find puzzling in there, it's probably a good idea of do a search of the forum for that subject. Try using Google, and entering "site:enz.org (whatever it is)" - it's a more delicate search, often, than the forum's own.

Hi JandM, thanks much for your advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast