Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this life in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by LVKris View Post
    I see the same over here as I did in The States. Teenagers all on their techno gadgets.
    Its not just teenagers.I visit old peoples homes a lot and many of them have ipads, smart phones and one old gentleman in his 90.s took me in to his room and showed me the latest games console and was very pleased he had thrashed his great grandson

It is the same here. Beware the view that NZ is utopia. There is crime here. There is rain here. There is winter here. There are bad drivers here. There are mean bosses here. On balance, things are still much better here for us (and I think many others), that is why we stay. If you come with an attitude that all will be perfect here, you are bound to be disappointed. NZ does indeed have some amazing things. In general it is uncrowded (but you wouldn't get to see this unless you left Auckland). It has amazing scenery, but you might only get a glimpse of that on your way to work. Life is still a grind (or a joy, it's all in your mind), whether you live in paradise or somewhere much less pleasant.

Tiger lily I couldn't agree more with you!!! NZ is definitely not utopia but for us the pros outweigh the cons for sure.

I think there's one picture missing of people taking photographs on ipad, recently we visited Queenstown and saw some tourists taking out their giant ipad to take photographs of mountain - rest others had the pleasure of watching zoomed version of the scenery right in front of our face , Oh! ditto at Waitomo caves too

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    Been out to dinner a few times recently & couples sat checking their phones most of the time & very little conversation going on here
    In the past you could be quite sure that people prayed when they bowed their head and folded their hands sitting at the table, but nowadays...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12