Thread: Residence visa application final decision coming soon

Default Residence visa application final decision coming soon

After a long time waiting, I should know the final decision on my residence visa sometime next week.

I'm feeling pretty anxious about the whole thing. Suffice it to say that things have not been going well for me over the past 7.5 months, and every time it seems like something good's about to happen… it's kind of like Lucy snatching the football away from Charlie Brown every time.

I sent off my EOI last September with 195 points. I was issued an ITA a month later. I have no criminal background, no medical issues, I'm only 35, I have a Masters degree, I've been employed in NZ for over a year, still with the same employer, and I have an offer of employment with another employer in the same field. My position and skills aren't on any of the shortage lists, but I'd consider it skilled employment for sure; not just anyone can walk in off the street and be a decent Web content writer/editor.

I personally don't see any way they'll carve off more than 55 points in my eval and take me below the 140 point threshold for selection… and at any rate, if they were going to do that, wouldn't they have done it at the EOI stage?

I'm basically just looking for reassurance at this point. I don't know how often people get to this stage of the process only to have their residency application denied, but I definitely don't want to be one of them. I'll stand to lose everything I have left if I can't stay here.

Hi. As I don't know enough about your case, I can't comment on the likely outcome, but it sounds promising!. However, there's nothing you can do right now to have any impact on the decision, so I guess you might as well enjoy the time as best you can and when you get the decision, be ready to celebrate or, worst case scenario, maybe appeal. I don't think it's about points any more at this stage, just about verifying that what you said is true and meets the regulations. Good luck! Karen

Adding to Karen Philips. Be optemestic and do not let fears kill your sucess progress so far. You will soon celebrate your BLUE STICKERS and enjoy being a RESIDENT. Do not start celebrating now, but be prepared with joy good luck my friend.

Fingers crossed for you!

I hope you get it very shorlty.I have waited for long too

I've been told I'll have a final decision this coming Monday. I've been through the rules and regs around what counts as "skilled" employment, and as far as I can tell I'm in the clear; I don't really see any logical reason for my application to be declined. I guess I'll know for sure early next week, one way or the other.

Let us know what happens--and good luck!