Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback from Interview responses of CO

Post Feedback from Interview responses of CO

I got the response from the CO as below

You demonstrated a limited knowledge of employment opportunities in New Zealand. We acknowledge that you have registered with some recruitment websites but you spoke in general terms about the roles which appealed to you.

We also have concerns that you have not received any direct feedback to substantiate your statements that your skills and experience are applicable to the New Zealand market.

We are satisfied that you have demonstrated a basic understanding about New Zealand and its way of life and you appear to have some knowledge regarding housing and the education system. You also demonstrated realistic expectations for potential barriers and challenges you may face when settling in New Zealand and integrating into New Zealand society. In saying this, we are not satisfied that this knowledge is exceptional, nor do we feel that it outweighs our concerns regarding your employment prospects in New Zealand .

After responding to the above question in details and making the final submission

I got the following feedback, as

Thank you for your detailed response. I have made a recommendation on your application and passed it on for a second person check.

Can any one give any idea of what does this recommendation points to , is it some thing positive or negative .

Any feedback will be helpful as i havent got the feedback still from the CO.
    Regards

Can any one give any idea of what does this recommendation points to , is it some thing positive or negative .
    When the CO says, 'I have made a recommendation on your application,' this means s/he has decided what the answer ought to be. S/He is not allowed to tell you what this is yet, because every case, reaching this stage, has to be looked over by another officer of the same or equal rank, both to check in case the first CO has made any mistakes, and as a guard against the possibility of corruption. Once that check has been carried out, you will be told the outcome.

Thanks JandM,

also i want to understand is why the CO wants us to prove that we have no offer from Nz job market or have any direct feedback from the recruiters or any one else in relation to our work experience . I think when we apply for Skilled immigration work experience or job offer requirement from NZ market shouldn't be consider by CO > Please advise

Quote Originally Posted by adnanmir View Post
    Thanks JandM,

also i want to understand is why the CO wants us to prove that we have no offer from Nz job market or have any direct feedback from the recruiters or any one else in relation to our work experience . I think when we apply for Skilled immigration work experience or job offer requirement from NZ market shouldn't be consider by CO > Please advise
    How confusing is that-
    - after knowing the dull yet recovering economy around the world,
    - that candidates from abroad are very less likely to get Job application responses,
    - that NZ has other options, such as, Silver Fern, JSV, Work holidays etc. that encourage candidates to visit and make themselves available to potential employers,
    - not to mention SMC candidate fulfilling all the criteria set by INZ & NZQA etc. How can a SMC candidate get such response from CO?

Its not like SMC criteria is set to such high requirement such as one MUST get response from Employers or a Job offer for this matter. I will be following your thread and wish you good luck.

also i want to understand is why the CO wants us to prove that we have no offer from Nz job market or have any direct feedback from the recruiters or any one else in relation to our work experience .
    If you can show that you have tried applying for jobs in NZ, and employers have replied something like, 'Dear Mr Adnanmir, You are exactly what we are looking for for this position in our company, but unfortunately we can't make you an offer at this time because you do not have a visa. Please contact us again as soon as you have a visa, because we are really interested in taking on someone with your qualifications and work experience,' then this would prove important things to the CO.
    1. You can put together an application which is interesting to a NZ employer. (It is no use having good qualifications if you cannot also impress someone as being an applicant who could fit into their workforce and please their clients.)
    2. There are job openings in NZ now, available for somebody like you.
    3. It is worth giving you a Residence visa straight away, since you will very likely get a job offer immediately upon arrival in NZ.

I think when we apply for Skilled immigration work experience or job offer requirement from NZ market shouldn't be consider by CO
    I'm afraid this is a mistake on your part - this is EXACTLY what the CO has to consider. The Skilled Migrant Category is to get people into the NZ job market as quickly as possible, using the skills they already have but which are in short supply in NZ, for the benefit of the country. The interview is to determine your employability. See sections b and c at this link. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm

Hi,

Keep us posted regarding you outcome. By the way in which profession you applied the Immigration ?

Regards,

today i got mail from my case officer that My NSC have cleared and he has sent my file for a peer review.anyone can advise how long it woould take now to get it finally approved.waiting desparately for almost 7 months with Job offer

HI. It sounds like you are getting close! With a job offer you should be dealt with pretty quickly now. You could ask your CO and very gently remind him how long the people offering you a job have waited for you until now. You are in the fast lane since you have a job offer! Good luck with it all! Karen

Fingers crossed for a quick reply, engineer. +++++++++++++++++++

thank you all on this forum.it has been long journey till here.hope i will get the approval soon.keep all you posted then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast