Thread: Query on SMC JSV

Default Query on SMC JSV

Hi all

I have one doubt in mind. I am aware that on SMC JSV you have 9 months (the day you arrive in NZ ) for securing the job in your area of skill. And you need to be in that job for 3 months to gain your residencey visa. Please correct me if wrong.
    My question is what if you secure a job in 7th, 8th Month or 9th month of your stay. Then in that case you can not complete the condition of staying in job for atleast for 3 months as you will run out of visa.
    So, what needs to be done in that case. do i need to apply for work permit based on that job offer or INZ can give you extention.

Please help me on this.

Thanks
    Vishy

Hi. That's a good question - but I don't think you need worry. The wording does say that if you find skilled work "in this time" your residence application will be approved. I guess it's possible they will put a condition on the visa that you must stay in that job for 3 months etc. I am going to ask the question of someone who will know for sure and then I will get back to you. Regards. Karen

Hi Vishy,

As far as I remember, I saw one post by JandM.

If you get JSV, you got job at the end of 7th, 8th OR 9th month, you need to contact nearest INZ office to get Residence visa stamped with 49(1) conditions.
    You need to stay in that skilled job for 3 months and after showing the proofs those conditions will be removed. May be another Residence visa without any conditions.

JandM, Karen, and other forum - items, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
    Raju.

I am 99% certain that Raju is correct! Cheers. Karen

It's definitely right - see the Operational Manual on the subject. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm

Thanks alot for clarifing things....!!

Hi Vishy,

Thought this might help.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38921

Agaba