Thread: Bank statement / proof of financial support... when?

Question Bank statement / proof of financial support... when?

Hi All,

We submitted our EOI in December and are still awaiting the assignment of a CO. However, we are going thru some changes and some major expenses at our end. I had read somewhere that for a family of 4 moving to NZ on a skilled immigrant visa (no job offer) we need to show availability of funds (~20K NZD) at some point in time to the CO. Any ideas on when that happens? Also, does CO prefer to see bank statement for last 1 month? 2 months? 3 months?

Is a stock holding worth 20K good enough for them?

Since, we may end up spending a large part of our savings - we want to make sure that we don't jeopardize the our NZ application.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You would have to show it if INZ offers you JSV. You need to show NZ$ 1000 per month for a person for 3 months + enough fund to purchase a air ticket back to US (Say around NZD 2000 per person) , So family of 4 would need to show around NZ$ 20 K at the time when you send your passport to get JS visa stamped.

Hi bluelabel, do you need to include the whole familiy in the computation of funds given that in jobsearch visa, the principal applivant will only be the one allowed to go to nz for the duration of the residency deferral?

Hi trevore,
    Yes you are correct, They issue JSV only for principal applicant, they have change this rule since last year. In that case, nzaspirant has to show max NZ$5000, am i correct?

thanks bluelabel... so in the process (between now and them deciding to give me JSV or PR) they do not ask for proof of funds and only ask for it if one gets awarded a JSV?

also, it'll be good to clarify if I only have to show 5K :-)

nzaspirant, you certainly wont be needing it untill you get a decission, If they offer you JSV, in that mail it says, unless you have pre-arranged accomodation in NZ, you ll have to show NZ$ 1000 per month for your expences, but if you have accomodation support in NZ, you ll have to show only NZ$40 per month. and that you need to show for 3 months + expences for your air ticket back to US

Thanks bluelabel... this certainly sounds manageable

Excuse me - there's a rather important typo there. Its $400 a month you have to prove, if you already have accommodation.

Applicants must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves for a period of at least three months in New Zealand, such funds being:
    (if they have pre-paid accommodation) a sum of NZ$400, per month; and
    (if they do not have pre-paid accommodation) a sum of NZ$1,000 per month.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41539.htm

We were not asked to show any funds. Yes, we were questioned on whether we were aware of how much we should be carrying with us when and if we did move here. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Excuse me - there's a rather important typo there. Its $400 a month you have to prove, if you already have accommodation.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41539.htm
    LOL JandM, Just saw it.