Thread: NZQA or IPENZ

Default NZQA or IPENZ

I have received ITA . I did PAR and mentioned the same in my EOI. Do I need to go NZQA or IPENZ?
    Iam confused because in IQA they may ask to get the letter from IPENZ. In that case there are 2 assessment ie KA01 & KA02 which costs around 80k.
    It will be great if someone advise me on this. I completed my Mechanical Enginneering from India through Part-Time Mode,

Hi. Congratulations on ITA! to get the equivalence and comparability of your degree assessed it is necessary to apply to NZQA. If you are trying to get proof that your degree meets Washington (or Sydney) Accord, you can look this up online - head for Google. I am not sure what else IPENZ could do for you. (It's expensive - but not $80 thousand - more like $800 Cheers. Karen

karen thanks for your reply. I learned that in NZQA they may ask to go for knowlege assesment with IPENZ. It is 80K INR not dollars.
    My question is why we need to fo NZQA then IPENZ?
    cheers
    sarathy

Hi. NZQA is the only organisation that can assess your degree if it's not on theistic Qualifications Exempt from Assessment. Cheers. Karen