Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Interesting article

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    france
    Posts
    22

    Default Interesting article

    Thought this was an interesting article on the numbers coming in and leaving NZ

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10879156

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    57

    Default

    "Technicians and trades*- skills NZ is losing". Any plan to fix this? As far as I know this issue was present for many years.

    Any statistics about EU migrants?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Nah the whole Europe would go to New Zealand if they got a chance.

    In 2006, significantly more Chinese nationals gained residency through the business and skilled categories, and they were now sponsoring their parents, said Professor Spoonley
    Sponsoring their parents? How is this possible? Does Chinese imigranst first establish business, gain visa and then bring the whole family inside?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,542

    Default

    Who said 'whole family'? Anyone who gains NZ Residence can sponsor their parent(s), given certain strict and limited conditions http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...oi/default.htm, NOT their whole family.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    france
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1987 View Post
    Nah the whole Europe would go to New Zealand if they got a chance.
    Mmm really? Not this European, who would maybe light to further their career and earn a descent wage as well as own my own home without having to rob a bank.

    NZ has nice scenery and all that but so do the remotest parts of Scotland, doesn't mean I would want to live there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NZ (Auckland; via Canada)
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    The most common theory about the increase in China parents getting visas is the INZ principle that parents with few/no adult children left in the home country get priority. With the One Child policy, any family whose child migrates to NZ would be prioritised. Which makes sense.

    I'm the youngest of 4, so unless 2 of my other siblings come to NZ I couldn't sponsor Dad. Even if I'm the most awesome of his 4 kids.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christchurch from Scotland
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawnbc View Post
    The most common theory about the increase in China parents getting visas is the INZ principle that parents with few/no adult children left in the home country get priority. With the One Child policy, any family whose child migrates to NZ would be prioritised. Which makes sense.

    I'm the youngest of 4, so unless 2 of my other siblings come to NZ I couldn't sponsor Dad. Even if I'm the most awesome of his 4 kids.
    Check the new rules. You will find that this is no longer the case. Sponsors income or having enough cash to settle is now the over-riding requirement.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    57

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NZ (Auckland; via Canada)
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    I was referring to the recent shift to parents from China versus other countries. One of my sources is here. I was quoting policy--didn't meant to give the impression I was!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamee & Co View Post
    Check the new rules. You will find that this is no longer the case. Sponsors income or having enough cash to settle is now the over-riding requirement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •