Thread: Skilled migrantresident visa

Default Skilled migrantresident visa

Hi everyone

My resident visa was approved under the smc. I am delighted , but would like to go home for a couple of months... Can I resign from my current job or is there a special condition involved?

It depends on what it says on your visa- if your job was part of the condition, then you might have to stay in that job for a certain time, I think.

Was the job itself, or the offer, part of your points for getting your EOI selected?

If so, how long ago did you get Residence? And how long have you been working in the job?

Have been in this job for almost 2 years and yes it was part of the eoi points awarded. Only got the resident visa on the 23/4 ( a couple of days ago).
    Last edited by Heradem; 26th April 2013 at 12:00 PM.

And does your visa have any conditions on it? - it will be written on the sticker in your passport if so. If there is one, it is likely to be that you must stay in the job mentioned in your application for three months. Once you have worked the three months, you can then ask INZ to remove the condition (they put another blue sticker in your passport), and you will have your Residence free and clear. At that point, you are free to work for whomever you want, not work, study, start a business - as you please. And with Residence come two years' travel conditions, which mean you are entitled to come and go from NZ as you want to, so if you wanted to keep your current job and could negotiate leave of absence with your employer, you could still take your holiday.

Hi
    Got the passport today and it states on the blue sticker " Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel conditions. Please apply for transfer of this visa when passport expires ". Nothing else!
    Will I be needing anything additional when I go on a holiday to be allowed into the country on my return to NZ?

Many thanks for your advice

No, you won't need anything else.

The wording you quoted is standard for Residence visas. You have the two years' travel conditions which allow you to come and go freely, and at the end of the two years, you will need to get your permanent residence visa - it's only a formality as long as you have shown your commitment to NZ by meeting the requirements here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm