Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chch Johnsons Grocery store

Galaxy

A smooth, creamy chocolate bar hence the association with silk in adverts. Some people prefer it over Cadbury's...
    http://www.britishdelights.com/images/c64.jpg

:eek some ppl prefer it over cadbury's? it is that yummy, huh?!

Galaxy chocolate is my most favourite chocolate in the world and in my opinion easily beats Cadbury's chocolate, although I think some people would disagree. I never really used to be a big fan of chocolate, until my mom started bringing home Galaxy Ripples everyday, I think that was what got me hooked.

Galaxy makes ordinary milk chocolate, Galaxy Truffles, Galaxy Ripples and my fave Galaxy Caramel's. The Galaxy Caramel's, milk chocolates and truffles also come in smaller versions in Celebrations.

I bought my Galaxy Bar from Woolworths and they were on offer, two 150g bars for £1.19. I bought them purposely for my little sister, Jessica, and I to make rice crispie cakes and believe me they were scrummy!

The chocolate's packaging is made out of two layers, the chocolate is first covered in gold foil and then it has a paper covering over the top. This is brown with the Galaxy logo on the front in white writing, it also says 'smooth and creamy milk chocolate,' in gold writing.

The chocolate is rectangle in shape and moulded into small cubes, which makes it easy to break up. Galaxy chocolate tastes really milky and creamy and more chocolately than Cadbury's.

Default shop

Why is the man wearing a french maids outfit :

LoL
    I have just finished reading Polly Evans latest, Kiwis might fly. In the book, it is suggested that a very high % of Kiwi blokes like to wear ladies undies (although they would never admit it).
    Perhaps this explains it.

Guess where I am going tomorrow! :P

Nice one Veronica!

LOL, Moorf,

Keep an eye open for ENZ... he'll be the one sitting furtively over in the corner with Galaxy chocolate dribbling down his chin and eyes glazed over like a junkie who just had his first fix in years... approach with caution and post a piccie for us, will you?

Rae

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - 5 bars of Galaxy later (but not all at once). Hard to resist the temptation to behave like Charlie in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" when he stuffed all of the chocolate into his mouth at once. ops: (I seem to remember).

I was back in the UK a few months back so it wasn't that long since I'd had some Galaxy. Actually if we imported a few tonnes of it in a refrigerated shipping container, it would possible to sell it at a very competitive price here. A business idea in the making? :angel

And the NZIS certainly couldn't turn down a LTBV for importation of Galaxy as being of no benefit to New Zealand.

Default Re: shop

Quote Originally Posted by frances
    Why is the man wearing a french maids outfit :
    Hmmmmmm!!!! :eek Very nice man

Alan

Even better the cafe on the corner next door (or is it next door but one) does the best long black in the entire of kiwi kingdom!

We stayed there during our NZ tour last year and can totally recommend the cafe. Can't be sure of the name. Cafe metro?

Cheers,

Yogi.

Yep thats cafe metro and the cafe on the other side does a really good greek salad.

Hey Yogi. I dont know about long blacks short blacks etc etc, but there is a little tiny coffee bar on the beach at Kuaotunu (coromandel) that does THE best fresh ground we have ever come accross. It is called LaLa coffee, and is reputed to have an added ingredient (cant think what that would be up there aye Stu).
    We called it kicka** coffee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12