Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: London Branch - how long did your temporary visa take?

Default London Branch - how long did your temporary visa take?

Hiya,

My husband is applying on a work to residency visa with an accredited employer. Myself on a partnership based work visa and our 2 children on student and visitor visas.

The website says the London Branch is currently processing temporary visas within 25 working days.

I just wanted to know for those of you who used the London Branch for temporary visas, how long did it actually take for them to be granted?

I believe we've got all our paperwork and supporting docs etc in order. Just trying to figure out a timeline so we can start making some plans. I hoping to hear that the visas came back really quickly for some of you as ideally we're hoping to have them within 2 weeks.

Many thanks

Hi. I have it on good authority that if all your paperwork is in order and there is no need to seek medical assessment or any further information, that visas are being processed in London in less than the stated time at present. This obviously changes from week to week depending on the amount of applications received. I have even heard of people who have been thrown into a blind panic because they have been approved more quickly than anticipated. However, I wouldn't make any decisions based on the assumption that it will be less than 25 days. NB It is 25 actual days not working days! Hope that helps! Karen

Hi,

I had my temp work visa issued in 2 weeks and I would have gotten it even quicker than that if they didnt need a police certificate I didnt send with the application, just cos I thought I didn't need it. They received my application on 4 April 2013, replied back on 9 April to say I needed to send the police certificate. Then it took just short of a week to get that over and they processed the application on 16 April. Be aware though you have 6 months from date of issue to enter NZ.I have till 16 October to enter. Good luck!

Hi

As I read it for London Branch Work to Residence Visas, they say 5 working days if there are no complications.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

Hope it helps

Just trying to figure out a timeline so we can start making some plans. I hoping to hear that the visas came back really quickly for some of you as ideally we're hoping to have them within 2 weeks.
    Maddening though it is for people who like to be in control of all aspects of their life (very understandably at a time like this), please be aware that what happened to somebody else is no guarantee whatever of the same thing happening to you. INZ's stated timings are their best guess based on what HAS BEEN recently happening, and have to be regarded as elastic. We've seen people on the forum getting themselves into serious wastes of money by assuming they would have their visa in time to travel on x date, then having to change their tickets and pay for hotel accommodation till they actually DID get their passports back.

..and remember that the amount of time you have to travel to NZ varies between different visa types.For Work to Residence LTSSL it's 3 months, so don't get caught out! Karen

Ours came back, admittedly in October 2009 over a weekend. I think we sent them on a Thursday and they were back on the Tuesday. Definitely less than a week.

Thanks all!

I have no problems with them coming back sooner we're more or less ready to go. We've booked accommodation but everything is free cancellation and changeable it's just the hassle really. I'm really hoping they'll come back with 2 weeks of them receiving the paperwork.

Hi Jetsetter

Any updates on your application? I submitted mine WTR on 26 April and currently waiting.

Cheers

Hiya, not as yet. They were sent by the visa application centre to INZ yesterday, so a bit more waiting for us. Anymore news for you? Have they acknowledged receipt of your application?

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast