Thread: Job offer after JSV

Default Job offer after JSV

Hi All,

I am trying to talk to consultants for interviews. As I am offered with JSV, what needs to be done if I get a job offer when I am in home country and not yet travelled to NZ?

Say, I have sent my passports for JSV stamping. Before I fly to New Zealand, if I get a job offer, where the Residence visa will be approved? In Home country again or in NZ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Raju.
    Last edited by Raju; 3rd May 2013 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added one more line.

At this stage, you have to apply for SMC JSV - there isn't a mechanism to cut that out now you've had your interview.

Here is the relevant part of the Operational Manual. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm Logically, I think what you do would depend on the exact timing. (This is a personal series of thoughts - there isn't a procedure set out anywhere for the situation you are imagining.) If you get a job offer before you get your passport back with the visa in it, in your place I would tell your CO at the INZ office that has been dealing with you all along, and see what they say. I'm not even sure that they would be empowered to act on this, because normally, by the nature of the situation, deferred Residence claims almost always happen in NZ, so that's where they will be expected. If you get an offer after you get your passport back, whether you travel to NZ and deal with the local INZ office there, or see if you can do anything with the home country INZ office, would rather depend on how soon you had planned to travel.

Hi JandM,

Thank you very much for the inputs.

Regards,
    Raju.

Raju,

You are looking for job in which industry?? Just curious...

Hi Krunalc,

I am into ICT... IT...

Regards,
    Raju.