Thread: Working Holiday Date Problem

Default Working Holiday Date Problem

Hello everyone!

I'm having a huge problem right now. I'm planning to leave France next September to spend the year in New Zealand with a Working Holiday Visa.
    I wanted to plan ahead all this thing by doing it right now (not even last week) and specifying my date of arrival in the application form as for the 30th of September. As it is possible to do in the last section of the form.
    But the problem is that I just received the answer today and my visa is approved and activated from NOW! (03/05/2013)
    Thus my current visa will end in one year: May 2014.

It precisely says: "Start Date: 03 May 2013"
    &
    "First Entry Before: The work visa allows the holder to enter New Zealand before 3/05/2014"

What should I do? Who should I call? I absolutely need to leave in September and stay the whole year.

Thanks for your answers!
    Last edited by mamska; 4th May 2013 at 04:39 AM.

Hi. I am not sure that I understand. You have to go to New Zealand before May next year to start your one year. Your visa starts when you arrive in NZ. Does this not allow you to do what you want? Kind regards. Karen

Karen, this poster believes s/he has to leave again by 5 May, 2014, rather than having a year once s/he gets there. Can you reassure him/her on this?

Just to reconfirm, your whole year in New Zealand begins when you arrive there. You have 1 year from now in which to start your year, so if you arrive on 30 September 2013 you can stay until 29 September 2014. If you need this explAined in French, let me know. Kind regards. Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mamska View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm having a huge problem right now. I'm planning to leave France next September to spend the year in New Zealand with a Working Holiday Visa.
    I wanted to plan ahead all this thing by doing it right now (not even last week) and specifying my date of arrival in the application form as for the 30th of September. As it is possible to do in the last section of the form.
    But the problem is that I just received the answer today and my visa is approved and activated from NOW! (03/05/2013)
    Thus my current visa will end in one year: May 2014.

It precisely says: "Start Date: 03 May 2013"
    &
    "First Entry Before: The work visa allows the holder to enter New Zealand before 3/05/2014"

What should I do? Who should I call? I absolutely need to leave in September and stay the whole year.

Thanks for your answers!
    Your visa was approved on 3rd May 2013 therefore you have ONE YEAR to enter NZ, that is, You must arrive in NZ BEFORE 3rd May 2014.
    Your WHV is only activated when you actually enter NZ, so if, for example, you arrive in NZ on 1st October 2013, your visa will be activated then and will expire on 30th September 2014. Hope this makes sense.

Hi everyone and thanks again for all your answers!
    You are absolutely right and I figured this out earlier today, I think I just kind of panicked, mainly because I was not expecting to get an approval so quickly.
    I now understand perfectly when I am supposed to enter and leave the country, but I must admit the instructions are not always clear on the Visa approval...

Thanks very much to all of you!