Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job hunting in NZ? Don't forget the expo..

We are looking at going to the Manchester day.

thanks for the head up.

We're going to go to both the London and Manchester expos (Saturday)...not sure if that's overkill, but don't want to miss anything! Will give us a week to weigh up the options e.g. different banks etc, then can sign up for things in Manchester.

Silly question just looked at the website and it says tickets are on a first come first served basis, does this mean that we could go up there and not get in.

Is that just for semiars, but you can go to look at exhibitors.

never been to anything like this.

I only been to one, I remember that you had to book to go to the seminars, but there seems to be no facility for this so I take it it is going to be different at this one. NZIS is the one that is usually packed out, but they are having a stand there, the biggest appropriately, so maybe they are not having a seminar at this one.
    I just want to take as much stuff away with me as possible, got PR so NZIS will only be paid a brief (ish) visit. So if it is first come first served, I guess there will be a little queue of ENZ peeps outside early on!

So you can just turn up and go into the rest.

Waiting to here back who will be there relating to Andy's profession, Sales Manager currently in Office Refurb.

Have you all done NZ style CV's or are you using UK style ones.

Is anyone up for a coffee on the Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo and Andy
    What's the difference? Got any links?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo and Andy
    So you can just turn up and go into the rest.

Waiting to here back who will be there relating to Andy's profession, Sales Manager currently in Office Refurb.

Is anyone up for a coffee on the Saturday.
    YEP we will be there - PM or post meeting place nearer the day??

when we went to the York Exhibition which did NZ & AUS they had Tickets for Seminars, you bought them from a separate stand and when you got the entry ticket it was best to get straight to it as they sold out pretty quick.

I cant say that we got much info from it that we had gained ourselves - or from speaking to stand personnel - other than you can eek out the timeframe if you hold off to the time limits to send stuff to them.

Oh and that they dont do Retirement visas - and the exodus of pensioners mumbleing as they left made seats for the younger ones!

we got there early and qued for tickets to get in - and the same for the seminar - we only went to the NZIS one as the rest had sold out

I agree about the agents - we didnt use one and with the help of this site you can save yourself loads of dosh - NZIS etc makes a big dint in the wallet anyhow.

kat

Quite right KatandBob, agents are a waste of money, unless you want to "bend" the rules because things aren't so straightforward in your case. Some friends have used an agent to get them into Oz and the costs are mindblowing. But each to their own. I am fortunate in that I didn't have to go down that route. And totally agree with the hole left in the wallet by NZIS! LOL

Also advises you to bring plenty of CV's on paper and disk. I will be putting some on CD (don't have a floppy drive anymore?!??) as well as paper. What is this NZ style CV format you talked about? Would like to have an idea.

OK. Just received the reminder email. The seminar timetable is posted on the link below: http://expo-newzealand.com/pdfs/nzm-...metable-05.pdf

Coffee in one of the little lounges sounds good so will obviously post next week sometime to say times etc will be there if anybody interested.

Happy hunting

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    What's the difference? Got any links?
    Alex, here is the link : http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3757

Good Luck with your job search

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD
    What is this NZ style CV format you talked about? Would like to have an idea.
    Steve, here is the link : http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3757

Good Luck with your job search

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast