Thread: Thinking of withdrawing my ITA?

Unhappy Thinking of withdrawing my ITA?

I have posted my ITA in December 2012 for SMC without a job offer and currently waiting to be assigned a CO.

But what if someone decided to withdraw his application due to changes in plans or potential better opportunity. I am starting to believe more now that my chances to get a RV straight forward is much lower that getting a JSV which is something if I realized from the beginning might had changed my immigration plans, at least the timing of lodging the application.

Can I postpone the process for 1 or 2 years? Is this possible? What are the consequences and how to do that?

Hi. I am not sure that the fees are refundable at this stage, but I would talk to my Case Officer, explain the situation and see what s/he suggests. I am assuming that the JSV wouldn't work for you at the moment?? Kind regards. Karen

I have never heard of anyone getting fees refunded. It can't do any harm to ASK if INZ would be willing to put your application back, and only process it later. I've never heard of that being done, either, but it's worth a try.

Thank you all for the replies.

I am not that much optimistic towards getting a refund, but it would be great if that happened. However, to ask INZ to put my application back I need a very powerful and convincing reason or else it might have a bad influence on my case.