Thread: Confused as to which application forms to complete

Default Confused as to which application forms to complete

Hi

Could someone please assist me. We are in the process of emigrating to NZ via the Work to Residence permit ie my husband will find a job with an Accredited employer and then apply for a Work to residence permit. I am very confused as to which forms to complete? Our family demographics are:

1. Husband applying for permit,
    2. Wife going as a housewife,
    3. 4yr old son who may or may not be 5 when we leave(all depending on when my husband finds a job) and will be attending school from February 2014(He turns 5 on the 6th December 2013),
    4. 2 yr old daughter who may be attending playschool 2 mornings a week in 2014.

So far the forms I understand that I need to complete are:

1. Husband: INZ 1015 and INZ 1146 and INZ 1017(?)
    2. Wife: INZ 1198,
    3. 4yr old ?
    4. 2yr old ? INZ 1205

Please can someone tell me exactly which forms to complete for each person. Any help is much appreciated!

Hi Nyoni

I recently arived in New Zealand via a WTR visa and have a wife and two children coming in a couple of months so I have an idea of which visas/forms you need hopefully.

1. Husband: visa application (INZ 1015), general medical (INZ 1007), chest x-ray (INZ 1096), police check, copy of employers accreditation, copy of signed contract from employer, any and all training/qualification certs relating to job, passport, fee(VAC in london if in UK) cover letter explaining everything that you are sending.

2. Wife: Partner work visa (INZ 1198), Partners supporting sponsor form (INZ 1146), general medical (INZ 1007), chest x-ray (INZ 1096), police check, evidence of relationship (eg marriage cert etc.) passport, fee(VAC in london if in UK)

3. Student visa (INZ 1012), general medical (INZ 1007) (no blood test req'd), birth cert, passport, fee(VAC in london if in UK)

4. As per 3 I think. You will probably need to double check that though.

These are the forms I completed from the Uk so not 100% sure if this is the same from South Africa. I hope this helps.
    Hopefully somene else can confirm or dismiss this reply for your clarification.

Good luck

Ray

Isn't the first thing you need to do to find a job- in this case your husband, to be able to apply for that type of visa?

Hi. You will need visitor visas not student visas for your children until they reach the age of 5 when they will need student visas. in NZ, children tend to start school on their 5th birthday although I believe you can keep them out of school a little longer if you prefer. If you want a visitor visa initially, i.e. do not intend to take on paid work, as they are under 5, you can put them on your application form (1198). However if you are using the same form to apply for a work visa instead, you will need separate forms for the children - 1017. Clearly, for all this to happen, your husband will need an offer of skilled employment from an accredited employer and meet all of those conditions - including a minimum salary to support you and the children. Another way of going for the Work to Residence visa is if your husband's occupation is on the Long Term Skills Shortage List and he has the exact qualifications and work experience listed in column 4 of the LTSSL against this occupation, he could apply under WR3 category. For other jobs, if they meet eh requirements there is always the Essential Skills Category - WK. Hope this helps. Karen

Thank you ray1980 and Karen Phillips for your helpful tips! That really clears things up for me.

New arrival/Renate: Yes he will look for a job but it helps to know what you will need once the job is offered and permits need to be applied for. It doesn't help to be unprepared especially if the required start date is short and there is potential to lose the job because you don't have all the required documents that the correct forms ask for.