Thread: Consultants Offer

Default Consultants Offer

Hi All,

I have a small query regarding offer given by consultants.

Normally, in US, consultants provide the offer to the employee and file H1 in US. USCIS also considers this as an offer from a company and approves the H1 application.

Is it similar in NZ as well? I mean some consultant can provide offer letter to you while you sent ITA/approved JSV and Immigration New Zealand will consider it as an offer?

I am trying to talk to consultants/companies for a job. So thought of checking with the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Raju.

When you say 'consultant', do you mean someone from an employment agency?

Hi JandM,

When I say "Consultant", it may be from Employment Agency or a Service Oriented company.

Say, a consulting company may out source its employees to some one else. In this case, if this consulting company gives me offer and I am working for a client, will that offer be shown to INZ?
    (To convert the visa from JSV to Residence with conditions).

Regards,
    Raju.

If I understand your question correctly,I thought only companies registered in NZ can provide you with an offer. I don't think it is just an INZ matter.
    Again, I would not accept an offer unless I was sure that it was a reputable company. To some extent it is up to you to accept.

Perhaps some of the knowledgeable members here will shed light on the legal protection available to the recipient of an offer letter, not sure if that was part of your question.

Hi. I think you need to be very cautious here. If you have a specific situation in mind I would discuss it with my CO if I were you. It is not a situation I ever came across when working in NZ in a post that included recruiting staff. That's not to say it never happens. Recruitment agencies often advertise and even do the first round interviewing for companies, but the final selection and offer of a job always came from the actual employer. I hope it works out for you. Kind regards. Karen

As I understand it, you would have a full-time job with a consultancy/agency, and they would send you out to other companies who have need of the work you can do. If that is correct...

For the purposes of triggering your deferred Residence, I don't think it would matter which firm is actually employing you (as long as it is a reputable, sustainable NZ company), as long as it's a permanent or long-term contract, and as long as the work they are going to have you do for their client companies is skilled, in the skill you have proved on your ITA. You have to show an offer letter, with all the small print of the contract included.

Hi All,

Thank you very much for helping me out.

JandM, you are correct. It is the same.
    Ok. I am just mapping the things with the known information (From US work style to NZ).

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.

Regards,
    Raju.

Hi nativecolo,

Thank you for your input.

JandM, I have small question here.
    Do we need to see the company reputation when accepting an offer?

Say some companies are well known and established companies. Some companies may be start-ups and they may take the people immediately.
    If we get into some start-up company or say less than 1 year old company, will it be affected for our Residency?

I may join normal company and update INZ with the offer and job description as you said. Will INZ see it as reputed company or will it rejects?

I have another query on this. Say I am in NZ and got offer into a start-up/one year old company/ non-reputed company. I got the job say in 4th-5th month (I am on JSV). When I sent my three months pay-slips/job offer to INZ, if they rejects that saying company is not reputed, what options will I have?

I am going through the skilled employment requirements. What is meant by company sustainability? If it is a non-reputed company, on what factors INZ may take a decision on our application?

Regards,
    Raju.

Your questions about the company - my remarks there were based upon what people have sometimes said on our threads, how INZ wanted to check the business out to make sure, in effect, that it would still be likely to be there for the next few years to employ the migrant to whom they were offering a job. They asked about the firm's finances and business plan. There is nothing in the written regulations to say what triggers such an investigation. The requirements for a skilled job are listed under the various headings here, and that's what you will need to go by. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30545.htm

About submitting proof you have a job - you don't need to work in the place for three months before letting INZ know. You can contact them as soon as you have the offer. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm