Thread: Documents Required for Silver Fern JSV

Default Documents Required for Silver Fern JSV

Hi Guys

So this is a list of things I am surprised to provide to our Branch (Suva) as per the email I received upon applying SF JSV

(__) your passport

(__) a Medical and X Ray Certificate (INZ 1007). See www.immigration.govt.nz/medicalforms to download a copy of the certificate
    (__) a police certificate from your country of citizenship and from any country in which you have lived for five or more years since attaining the age of 17 years
    (__) evidence of the equivalent of NZ$4200 for maintenance (e.g. bank statement in your name showing current balance)
    (__) evidence you meet the English Language requirements:
    * a Test Report Form from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module OR
    * other acceptable evidence of English language
    (__) evidence you meet the qualification requirements:
    * a qualification equivalent to a New Zealand Bachelor's degree (level 7) or higher OR
    * a trade qualification equivalent to a New Zealand National Certificate (level 4) AND evidence of two years of relevant work experience in that trade
    (__) if your qualification is not on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (LQEA), an International Qualification Assessment from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
    (__) evidence that you hold, or you can obtain, New Zealand registration if your qualification is relevant to an occupation that requires registration by law in New Zealand.

I spoke to our INZ Branch Representatives and they have requested things like Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate .. Certified copies and not original for qualifications (because according to them INZ wont return the documents)

I am really confused and worried to a certain extent because why wont INZ return my documents? (Well thats what the lady at the office said) .. Because our INZ branch here will receive and verify the documents.

Are there any previous SF JSV holders who had to go through this process? .. Please provide your inputs ..

I have a silver fern visa and I was belong to Dubai branch. Frankly speaking they returned to me all of my original documents except Police certificate and medical file, they keep them in my file. for the marriage certificate , although I am a married man, but for the silver fern they didn't ask me for that at all, definitely, for the residence they asked me for it.
    what I know that you can get your original after decisions either by courier or by yourself, they can hand them to you if you live beside them.

Hi. It's absolutely normal for all applicants (regardless of visa type) to submit certified copies of everything by way of qualifications, official documents (except passport). By asking for certified copies, INZ can keep all the documents in your file and save themselves (or applicants) a lot of money and risk in getting them returned. Every country has its own system for certifying documents, but it is usually fairly cheap and can be done by a solicitor or similar. Citizens of specific countries can be subject to additional security checks. I am sure it will all be fine - and congratulations on being one of the few who got invited to apply! Regards. Karen