Thread: Khandallah bound

Default Khandallah bound

Hi,

Looks as though we will finally move over to NZ in July. We have secured a 6month rental in Khandallah and were wondering if any ENZ chappies live in or around the area.
    Me and the the wife will be looking to join a local gym and the kids will be looking for any local netball clubs.The kids will be attending Wellington Girls College in Years 11 & 9.

Any one with any experiences of the above please let us know your thoughts !

Thanks

Surely there must be someone living in Khandallah !

Hi, I live in Khandallah with my partner. We moved from Surrey and have lived here 4.5 years now (we are in early 30s). It’s a lovely place to live. It’s quite posh, middle class, low crime and has lovely green streets. It has a good supermarket in the centre and most of the other things you need. There are 2 cafes, both owned by Asisans. Unfortunately they are sub par and the Café in Ngaio is far better. Getting to centre of town takes me 12 minutes on my motorbike. The nearest Gym is either City Fitness on Thorndon Quay, or in Johnsonville there’s also a City Fitness and a new budget gym called Jetts. Khandallh has a lovely little pub too which servers really good quality of food. House pricing is astronomical which is a shame. Houses here are all tender or Auction – very very few go by negotiation. They often have 2 open homes then they are sold. Nearby is Narinville Park where I see people play hockey, rugby netball and football so maybe your kids can play netball there?

You’ve made a great choice in Khandallah Let me know if you have an specific questions!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thanks Adam,I was beginning to thihk that we were the only people living in Khandallah !

It is reasurring to hear such positive feedback ,we will be renting near to the simla crescent train station.
    I will be in touch with lots of queries later ! Thanks for the reply.

Good luck with the move and speak in the future!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Hi there

I only hear good things about Khandallah, apart from the fact that housing is quite unaffordable. Very handy to the city, but as both of you will be working south of the city, you'll have to go through it first. I'm just changing gyms from Les Mills to City Fitness as the Thorndon Quay one is right near to work. They also do a really good corporate rate that Mrs Dingo may be able to access as she is working for CCDHB. You will also be able to benefit from it. Let me know if you fancy joining when you get here as I can recommend you. There's also a City Fitness in Lyall Bay which would be right by work for you.