Thread: CV Review

Default CV Review

I have my CV which was originally set for the UK. I have spent a few hours recently changing its format etc. to what I think may be more suitable for NZ. It's three pages long - is this too much information for NZ? Also I have added a photo (my mate who emigrated two years ago said this was a good idea?) .

I have started writing speculative letters of which I will finish this week hopefully, and then I am going to send out my letters and CV's to prospective building surveying agencies.

Any feedback would be much appreciated so i can make any necessary changes prior to sending it out.

Thanks

Cheers, the link move2NZ was quite helpful for a few little things

Hello Mark,

Please feel free to send me your CV for some feedback. I review many CV's a day and can let you know if you are hitting the mark. Send me a private message and I'll give you my email address

Thanks

David

Did you manage to have a look at my CV?

Thanks
    Mark

My hubby did a new CV for NZ and that was about 3 pages long. He put a bit of background about himself and why he wanted to move to NZ and mentioned all about us (family). He then just listed his jobs as usual. It seemed to go down well as we ended up with 2 job offers.
    Good luck with your CV and job hunt.

Hello Mark,

Apologies for the delay. I have indeed reviewed your CV and think it is up for the challenge. It is well laid out, concise and to the point. I would recommend moving the 'key skills' section to the top, perhaps underneath personal statement.

I would also consider removing the photo. Nobody really needs to know what you look like and the addition of a photo often only brings negative criticism. Maybe I can be more clear, nobody is going to look at a photo (not necessarily yours) and say "wow, doesn't that person have nice hair" or "doesn't that person look attractive". More likely people will look and say, "what's with that guys hair?" or "why didn't he spend more time ironing his shirt prior to the photo?"

Hopefully that makes sense Mark. All in all, your CV looks good and I think it should have a warm reception in NZ.