Thread: UK passport - new visa - should I renew now

Default UK passport - new visa - should I renew now

We have just got our Offer In Principle and have been asked for our passports. Hubby passport expires in Nov 14 = 18 months left. We could apply for a new one now and get the visa put in there. Not sure what the cost of renewing a new UK passport from NZ and then the cost of transferring the visa, compared to getting a new one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Turner View Post
    We have just got our Offer In Principle and have been asked for our passports. Hubby passport expires in Nov 14 = 18 months left. We could apply for a new one now and get the visa put in there. Not sure what the cost of renewing a new UK passport from NZ and then the cost of transferring the visa, compared to getting a new one now.
    Cost
    Adult standard 32-page passport NZ $341.37
    Adult jumbo 48-page passport NZ $397.37

Ian

Plus the effort and cost of transferring the visa stamp into your passport. I believe that is NZ$105.
    Getting a new passport over here in NZ is no trouble at all, but it costs a lot more.

Thanks, we will get the passport renewed here

Oh, late to the party, but I was going to give the same advice. I did the same when I relocated to Hong Kong, it's well worth the peace of mind.