Thread: 1st Entry to NZ after approval

Question 1st Entry to NZ after approval

Dear folks, I may have missed this topic on other posts but I would like to ask you regarding the first entry to NZ upon approval.

Does someone needs to be in NZ for a continuous period of time in order to remain resident?

I am asking because, if ever i would be lucky to get approved, I may stay in NZ for a few months then revisit Singapore for 1 month to get my CPF savings. I am not sure how it can affect my residency status and if there is any minimum stay required before travelling out. Could someone enlighten me on this? Thanks guys!
    Last edited by kermitmd; 13th May 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kermitmd View Post
    Dear folks, I may have missed this topic on other posts but I would like to ask you regarding the first entry to NZ upon approval.

Does someone needs to be in NZ for a continuous period of time in order to remain resident?

I am asking because, if ever i would be lucky to get approved, I may stay in NZ for a few months then revisit Singapore for 1 month to get my CPF savings. I am not sure how it can affect my residency status and if there is any minimum stay required before travelling out. Could someone enlighten me on this? Thanks guys!
    When you land in NZ your visa will be activated, you can leave NZ again immediately.

You first residence visa has travel conditions which allow you to come and go for 2 years.

To go from residence to permanent residence there are some rules regarding amount of time in NZ, but if you are only planning on being out of the country for 1 month, you won't have anything to worry about.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    When you land in NZ your visa will be activated, you can leave NZ again immediately.

You first residence visa has travel conditions which allow you to come and go for 2 years.

To go from residence to permanent residence there are some rules regarding amount of time in NZ, but if you are only planning on being out of the country for 1 month, you won't have anything to worry about.

Ian
    Thanks Ian!