Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jetlagged!!!

For the grown-ups: zopiclone, sleeping tablets:

Stay awake on first flight if possible. Take a pill after dinner. On arrival day, stay up as late as possible, then take another pill when you go to sleep (to avoid waking up at 2am). Then, depending on your energy, take a half pill the next night.

No napping! It's soooo hard to resist (especially if, like me, you love a good nap!) but napping is the way of the devil when it comes to overcoming jetlag.

jawnbc, you can't do that if you have small people with you - oh, WOULDN'T you be popular with the cabin staff!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    jawnbc, you can't do that if you have small people with you - oh, WOULDN'T you be popular with the cabin staff!
    Just about to say exactly the same... and you can't give them the sleeping tablets either!

My husband has been backwards and forwards a lot to Europe. He recommends no alcohol on the plane and when you get to your destination, no sleeping when you get there. Stay up - however tempting sleep sounds - until normal bedtime.

We usually find it takes about 4 days to get into the right 'time zone' either on arrival in NZ or back to the UK. We try to go to bed at at near the usual time as we can by forcing ourselves to stay awake and just live with the waking up early thing. Don't ever really remember having any real issues with the kids when they were little, they seemed to adjust much easier than we did, possibly because they weren't trying to adjust.

Hope you have a good time whilst you are over - sorry about the weather!!

Thanks all, glad your getting into the time Hagabel. I just need to stop worrying I think & just let what happens happens. I will try & stay awake & keep the girls awake as much as possible on the 1st flight, lucky it's at 9:30pm so already past their bedtime & they will be super excited & want to colour/play games/watch movies so will stay up later than ever which might help, I think I'll be the problem as I go to bed at 9:30 but at least I do have sleeping tablets to get me through when we are there although not that strong I'm sure they will help. Again I should be packing but doing everything but

They said that about my husband...didn't stop me.

OK point taken, I've only travelled with a BIG baby. My bad!

Quote Originally Posted by girlwithanewf View Post
    Just about to say exactly the same... and you can't give them the sleeping tablets either!

My husband has been backwards and forwards a lot to Europe. He recommends no alcohol on the plane and when you get to your destination, no sleeping when you get there. Stay up - however tempting sleep sounds - until normal bedtime.

Cannot take sleeping pills with kids...I wish! We are getting better, yesterday was sleeping in until 0245, but straight back to bed until 0530. Tonight stayed awake till 8pm...so in theory a full night of sleep awaits. Only been 5 days!
    And the weather here truly sucks..........

but the pubs, countryside, old houses and shopping is amazing!

Much as I'd like to apologise for the rubbish UK weather......we're all fed up with it too! It does indeed suck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12