Thread: Change in middle and last name-After Visa Approval

Question Change in middle and last name-After Visa Approval

Hello Folks

I have a query related to my wife's name change. When we applied for application her name middle name and last name was maternal name. We did not change as it could have taken more time than expected changing on to passport and could have gone over ITA date.
    Now I got my AIP letter before getting my blue stickers I want to change her name to my middle name and last name keeping her first name same as earlier and apply for fresh passport and get labels stamped on the new passport.

Is it advisable to do changes at this stage?
    Has anyone encountered the same issue as mine?

I think you need to ask your CO about the best way to manage this.

Good question! I'm in the process of my partnership residency visa. Just got my CO today. My last name will be changing eventually but we figured to wait until a lot of the immigration dust settled down and then go about getting new passport and pay to get an updated visa sticker in my passport closer to when my current passport expires.

Hi, zednic20. I recommend you contact you CO immediately. As requested in your AIP letter, you must inform INZ of any changes to your circumstances including any change to the personal or family circumstances of any person included in the application. I'm not sure how long it may take to deal with the change, but I suppose it is your obligation to let your CO know of it before you and your partner get your valid visas.

Hey folks,
    I just checked with CO and here's the reply,
    My wife can change her maiden name before going for stamping {blue stickers} on her passport, she has to apply for new passport with the desired name and once the passport is back she has to notarize all pages and send to CO, so they could amend changes at their end (in their system) and give a go for blue stickers stamping.