Thread: What are the conditions mentioned on resident visa?

Question What are the conditions mentioned on resident visa?

Hi guys

I would like to below questions from those who got their AIP approved (resident visa).
    1)What are the condition mentioned on the blue stickers for those who got AIP approved?
    2)Under no of entries is it written multiple entry/single entry?
    3)What is the difference between Resident Visa / Residence Permit / Returning residence visa?

1) Here's the condition on my blue sticker:
    "Visa valid for further travel for 24 month(s) from first arrival. Initial stay subject to grant of entry permission. Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel conditions. Please apply for transfer of this visa when the passport expires." I believe yours will be the same.
    2) Multiple
    3) Resident visa is what you got on your passport after AIP, it's valid for 2 year after first entry. And if you have held RV for 2 years and meet the minimum stay and other requirements, you will be eligible to apply for the IRRV, that's a PERMENENT resident visa. The permit is a stamp on passport when you arrive NZ at the custom. It is a proof that your stay in NZ is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by zednic20 View Post
    Hi guys

I would like to below questions from those who got their AIP approved (resident visa).
    1)What are the condition mentioned on the blue stickers for those who got AIP approved?
    2)Under no of entries is it written multiple entry/single entry?
    3)What is the difference between Resident Visa / Residence Permit / Returning residence visa?
    1. Visa valid for further travel for 24 month(s) from first arrival. Initial stay subject to grant of entry permission. Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel conditions. Please apply for transfer of this visa when the passport expires.
    2. Multiple.
    3. The RV allows you to enter and you can travel then enter NZ without any constraint within the 24 months after your first arrival. The resident permit is for inland residency after your entry, which allows you to live in NZ legally and permanently. This permit will not expire as long as you are based in NZ, but you may not exit NZ after the RV is expired or otherwise you will be denied to re-enter the country without a valid visa. The RRV has been renamed to RV now so you can regard they are the same thing.

thanks kuncle and naplios

Is RV renewable easily after 2 years irrespective of the job in the area of expertise?

A Residence visa is potentially for ever! It's the travel conditions (allowing you to come and go freely) which run out after two years. BUT, upon conditions of having show commitment to NZ http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm, you can then get Permanent Residence.

Hi JandM thnaks a lot for the info.
    So let me summarize the things.. So a person on Residence Visa even after 2 years can stay in NZ for indefinite period only thing his travel conditions will run out. Then after completion of 2 years does he has to get a new residence visa stamped on the passport without any conditions? --{this case I am asking for a person who has failed to show his potential or satisfy req for PR after 2 years/person working in some different field than his area of expertise}

And person who shows potential or satisfy PR req he will get PR visa.

Quote Originally Posted by zednic20 View Post
    Hi JandM thnaks a lot for the info.
    So let me summarize the things.. So a person on Residence Visa even after 2 years can stay in NZ for indefinite period only thing his travel conditions will run out. Then after completion of 2 years does he has to get a new residence visa stamped on the passport without any conditions? --{this case I am asking for a person who has failed to show his potential or satisfy req for PR after 2 years/person working in some different field than his area of expertise}

And person who shows potential or satisfy PR req he will get PR visa.
    Mostly correct, except that a new RV is usually stamped WITH conditions. You have to meet some criteria before you can have your subsequent RV granted. Please see this webpage for more details about a subsequent RV.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

If the person with a Resident visa is in NZ and isn't planning on leaving the country, he doesn't need to do anything when his travel conditions run out. He can just let things go on until two years HAVE passed in which he has shown commitment to NZ (according to that link I first gave), then he can get PR. All that is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with qualifications or the job the person is doing. Residence gives them the right to do any job, or none, or study, or run a business - once they HAVE Residence, proving what they can do is all behind them (as far as INZ is concerned). So if you're going to use the 'time spent in NZ' option, all you have to do is apply, because your entries and exits from the country are all recorded on the immigration computer - no evidence, no medical, nothing complicated at all. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...teps/apply.htm

If he wants to travel outside NZ and return, or if he IS outside NZ at that time, what he can do will depend on how much time he has spent in NZ during those first two years. More info here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm (And this last is what kuncle is talking about just above, not PR.)

Thanks Kuncle and JandM