Thread: Silver Fern Practical Visa or Residence Visa (EOI-->ITA-->RESIDENCE)

Default Silver Fern Practical Visa or Residence Visa (EOI-->ITA-->RESIDENCE)

Hi,

If someone has silver fern job search visa and he gets the skilled permanent job in his field and now he wants to convert this visa to silver fern practical visa.

1. Can he apply for silver fern practical visa and residence visa (EOI-->ITA-->RESIDENCE) at same time?
    2. If he will get the silver fern practical visa then what is the possibility to get residence visa after raising EOI, because someone has told me, case officer will delay residence visa till 24 months considering that he has already silver fern practical fern visa.
    3 How much will be the processing time for silver fern practical visa approval.

On permanent job, as per my understanding, silver fern visa will be granted for 24 months (maximum allowable time). Please confirm.

4. What is the possibility that case officer can approve silver fern practical visa for less than 24 months regardless of the permanent job.
    5. Is any salary requirement for silver fern practical and residence visa (EOI-->ITA-->RESIDENCE)

Thanks.

Hi. The Silver fern Practical Experience Visa is for a maximum of 2 years, so if you wanted it to be shorted, this shod be possible. However, you don't have to wait until it has expired to apply for residence. I cannot be sure of the exact processing time of a SF Practical experience Visa, but if it is like most work visas, it could be approved in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks. The residence application will of course take longer. The key salary requirement is that it is at "the market rate" - in other words you are not being exploited as someone wanting a visa by offering you a low salary. Take a look at http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs/salary-guide. The only time when a specific minimum salary comes in to play is if you want to have dependents with you in NZ or if you go for a Work to Residence Visa when you need at least $55,000 a year. I think it very unlikely that a case officer would deliberately delay processing of an SMC application only because you have a SF Practical Experience Visa. Hope this helps. Karen

1. Can he apply for silver fern practical visa and residence visa (EOI-->ITA-->RESIDENCE) at same time?
    Answer : Yes, You can, I did soemthing simillat, I applied for both Silver fern Job search visa and Residency and I got both.

2. If he will get the silver fern practical visa then what is the possibility to get residence visa after raising EOI, because someone has told me, case officer will delay residence visa till 24 months considering that he has already silver fern practical fern visa.
    Answer : There is no contradiction between both of them, and getting Practical experience will never delay your residence.

3 How much will be the processing time for silver fern practical visa approval.
    Answer : As per my friends here, It took from 2 to 3 weeks maximum.

On permanent job, as per my understanding, silver fern visa will be granted for 24 months (maximum allowable time). Please confirm.
    Answer : Yes, That is right and you have to apply for residency if you want to continue.
    4. What is the possibility that case officer can approve silver fern practical visa for less than 24 months regardless of the permanent job.

Answer: I think they give you the remaining of the 24 months
    5. Is any salary requirement for silver fern practical and residence visa (EOI-->ITA-->RESIDENCE)
    it should be not less than 55000 NZD a year.

If you got a job offer, directly apply for residency instead of practical experience. don't waste your time and money.

@ hmlamie
    Ok. If he will apply for residence directly from silver fern job search visa, but if its application unable to accessed within 5 months then his silver fern visa will be expired.
    then what will be happened; he has to leave NZ or get temporary visa till residence application result.It might be the risk, if he will not able to get temporary visa. and secondly he will unable to bring his family till residence application result. But on silver fern practical visa, he can bring his family after visa approval quickly.what you will recommend on this particular situation. Thanks.

I am surprised to read these condition from official manual, its mean after getting silver fern practical visa, we can work only in job offered company, city and occupation for two years.

If someone wants to change his job or wish to apply for another good role within two years, he will not able to do it as per below mentioned conditions, Am i right. :-(

If someone gets any other good role with good pay, what he will do on silver fern practical visa. Can he join this new role or have to apply for another type of visa to start this role? please comments Thanks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WL3.5 Currency and conditions of a Silver Fern Practical Experience visa

Silver Fern Practical Experience visas must be granted with the following conditions imposed by special
    direction:
    i. the holder may work in the occupation specified on their job offer;
    ii. the holder may work for the employer specified on their job offer;
    iii. the holder may work at the location specified on their job offer.
    Silver Fern Practical Experience visas must be granted with the following conditions imposed by special
    direction:
    i. the holder may work in the occupation specified on their job offer;
    ii. the holder may work for the employer specified on their job offer;
    iii. the holder may work at the location specified on their job offer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Karen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. The Silver fern Practical Experience Visa is for a maximum of 2 years, so if you wanted it to be shorted, this shod be possible. However, you don't have to wait until it has expired to apply for residence. I cannot be sure of the exact processing time of a SF Practical experience Visa, but if it is like most work visas, it could be approved in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks. The residence application will of course take longer. The key salary requirement is that it is at "the market rate" - in other words you are not being exploited as someone wanting a visa by offering you a low salary. Take a look at http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs/salary-guide. The only time when a specific minimum salary comes in to play is if you want to have dependents with you in NZ or if you go for a Work to Residence Visa when you need at least $55,000 a year. I think it very unlikely that a case officer would deliberately delay processing of an SMC application only because you have a SF Practical Experience Visa. Hope this helps. Karen

Yes, you have found correctly - a SF PE visa comes with conditions linking the applicant to one job.

This feature is in common with most NZ temporary work visas, which are also granted on the basis that INZ has checked that this person is going to be using their skill for the benefit of NZ. They are not in a job that could be perfectly well done by a NZer.

It does not mean that the SF PE visa-holder can ONLY work in the one job, because, should he wish to move, he can go to INZ and apply for a temporary work visa for whatever other job he has been offered. (The holder of a temporary work visa can apply to have the terms of his visa altered to the new job, or apply for a further temporary work visa.) In either case, the effect of this is that INZ gets to check out the new job, that it is skilled and that the visa-holder is not taking a job that could go to a NZer, before granting him the further permission to live and work in the country.

Thanks JandM.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, you have found correctly - a SF PE visa comes with conditions linking the applicant to one job.

This feature is in common with most NZ temporary work visas, which are also granted on the basis that INZ has checked that this person is going to be using their skill for the benefit of NZ. They are not in a job that could be perfectly well done by a NZer.

It does not mean that the SF PE visa-holder can ONLY work in the one job, because, should he wish to move, he can go to INZ and apply for a temporary work visa for whatever other job he has been offered. (The holder of a temporary work visa can apply to have the terms of his visa altered to the new job, or apply for a further temporary work visa.) In either case, the effect of this is that INZ gets to check out the new job, that it is skilled and that the visa-holder is not taking a job that could go to a NZer, before granting him the further permission to live and work in the country.

hi zakwan,

yes you can directly apply for the resident visa instead of applying for the silver fern practical experience visa.

i did the same 2 years ago.

you can have a look at my details in the link in my signature.

hope it helps.
    cheers.