Thread: What is my exact situation

Default What is my exact situation

HI All,
    I got JSV in april and now iam in Auckland. My skill category is Developer Programmer (261312), I have been applying for jobs related to my qualification even before i came here, So far, I received only one call from a recruit agency. I just want to know ideally from karren or JndM, To get resident visa, MUST i need to find a job from my skill category mentioned above or would it enough to secure a job in any field in ICT (say support engineer, hardware technician..etc) . I am bit lost in this regard and would appriciate if any of you can clear this out. The reasone iam asking this is, when i contacted my consultant in my country he said securing any kind of job in ICT will be enough to get Resident visa, iam bit confused now. Help me.

Karen should be able to tell you an answer on this one. I'm not sure from looking at the regulations how closely a job offered needs to match the description.

If Karen doesn't see this very quickly, you could ask INZ themselves.

As I was advised in my interview, JSV holder is "only" required to get a skilled job before the visa expires as long as he/she can fit into the "skilled" definition set in ANZSCO, by which I suppose you do not necessarily need to secure a role in the ICT industry. On the other hand, however, based on the skill set, it can be more likely for someone to get a job in the industry he/she has solid experience and on the contrary, it it very hard to ensure that employers are willing to offer an opportunity to someone who is a freshman in that area.
    Last edited by kuncle; 17th May 2013 at 03:36 AM.

Thanks JandM, yeah i ll wait for Karren.

Quote Originally Posted by kuncle View Post
    As I was advised in my interview, JSV holder is "only" required to get a skilled job before the visa expires as long as he/she can fit into the "skilled" definition set in ANZSCO, by which I suppose you do not necessarily need to secure a role in the ICT industry. On the other hand, however, based on the skill set, it can be more likely for someone to get a job in the industry he/she has solid experience and on the contrary, it it very hard to ensure that employers are willing to offer an opportunity to someone who is a freshman in that area.
    Kuncle, thanks for your input, So if iam able to secure a job as a ICT hardware technician , do you think iam ellagible to apply for Resident visa? And would you be able to find me the link to ANZSCO skill definition list please.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    Thanks JandM, yeah i ll wait for Karren.

Kuncle, thanks for your input, So if iam able to secure a job as a ICT hardware technician , do you think iam ellagible to apply for Resident visa? And would you be able to find me the link to ANZSCO skill definition list please.
    I think it will be fine if you can secure a role of ICT hardware technician. If you have a tertiary qualification in computer science, computer application or electronics and the salary is no less than $45k p.a., it will be very likely to meet the requirements of "skilled employment". But please beware that INZ usually expects a skilled job offer is not only full time but also sustainable, which means you'd better get a permanent role or a fixed term with a period of no less than 12 months as well as extendable options in the contract. In general terms, none of casual, volunteer, part-time and contract jobs is regarded ongoing job offers. For more details about skilled employment, please see this webpage. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm

For ANZSCO definitions, please see this webpage and enter the occupation codes for more details. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....20Revision%201
    Last edited by kuncle; 17th May 2013 at 04:39 AM.

Hi. Sorry - only just seen this. I think that you need to be very careful here. Your EOI was presumably selected because your qualifications and/or experience gave you some bonus points for Absolute Skills Shortage Area, without which you might not have reached the magic number of 140. The technician role is a lower category role - Skill Level 2. Only ICT Customer Support Officer is on the LTSSL at this level in ICT. I suggest you talk to INZ about which roles would and which would not be acceptable. They will be happy to advise you and then you have a definitive answer from the people who will make the decision.
    Incidentally, are you set on Auckland? If not, did you see my post earlier when I provided a link to 6 ICT Jobs currently available? They are in Christchurch. Good luck! Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. Sorry - only just seen this. I think that you need to be very careful here. Your EOI was presumably selected because your qualifications and/or experience gave you some bonus points for Absolute Skills Shortage Area, without which you might not have reached the magic number of 140. The technician role is a lower category role - Skill Level 2. Only ICT Customer Support Officer is on the LTSSL at this level in ICT. I suggest you talk to INZ about which roles would and which would not be acceptable. They will be happy to advise you and then you have a definitive answer from the people who will make the decision.
    Incidentally, are you set on Auckland? If not, did you see my post earlier when I provided a link to 6 ICT Jobs currently available? They are in Christchurch. Good luck! Karen
    Thanks a lot Karen, Yeah, i think it would be better for me to talk to INZ. I saw that advertiesment, unfortunately they seek for .net developers. .Net is not a expert area of mine. Iam a java developer.

@kuncle, i guess as karen suggested, i ll have a chat with INZ and let you know.

HI. I have done a little research on your situation. So long as the job you get offered is a full-time Skilled Job within salary band associated with that role in NZ - see Appendix 6 http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...Appendices.pdf e.g. page 372 AND you have the qualifications and experience associated with the occupation http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....rt+Technicians you should be ok. Bear in mind that sometimes having a higher qualification such as a degree may not meet the requirements. The requirement for these Level 2 skills posts is the equivalent of a NZ Diploma - Level 5 or 6. Your INZ contact should be able to provide the answer. best of luck! You are welcome to get in touch and send me your CV letting me know which cities would be acceptable to you. Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    HI. I have done a little research on your situation. So long as the job you get offered is a full-time Skilled Job within salary band associated with that role in NZ - see Appendix 6 http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...Appendices.pdf e.g. page 372 AND you have the qualifications and experience associated with the occupation http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....rt+Technicians you should be ok. Bear in mind that sometimes having a higher qualification such as a degree may not meet the requirements. The requirement for these Level 2 skills posts is the equivalent of a NZ Diploma - Level 5 or 6. Your INZ contact should be able to provide the answer. best of luck! You are welcome to get in touch and send me your CV letting me know which cities would be acceptable to you. Karen
    Thanks a lot Karen, I pmed you