Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “which came first? Chicken or the egg”

Question “which came first? Chicken or the egg”

Dear All,

First of all, I appreciate the forum members for their kind helpful suggestions.

I’ve applied Residency under Skilled Migrant Category (w/o job offer) in Feb 2013 and hoping to get a positive outcome by the end of this year.

I have been keenly following this forum and concluded that:
    “The chances of getting residency is 10% and JSV is 90 % especially without job offer providing there will be no character & health issues. “

Keeping in view the above conclusion, I started applying jobs in NZ but in 95% of job advertisements, it is mentioned that without having a legal permission for work in NZ, application will not be considered.

At this point, I feel myself stumped. i.e. “which came first? Chicken or the egg”

I am an IT professional with 8 years of experience, currently applying for remaining 5% jobs, for which I do not get responses from employers.

My questions are:
    1. How to handle this situation and what should be my strategy now?
    2. How I will satisfy my CO in Interview about my job prospects in NZ, although my profession is in LTSSL?
    3. If I get JSV, leaving my permanent job in my home country is a wise decision or not? considering the current economical situation of NZ.

Looking forward for usual kind responses

Hi. How many points did you claim on your EOI? One possibility is to say to employers that while you don't currently have a visa and you are still working through your residency application, if offered skilled employment you should be able to get a work visa very quickly. If you want to send me an email address via a private Message I will make contact and you can send me your cv. I have a few contacts. Also, I posted 6 IT vacancies on my website yesterday. There are jobs out there, it's just a question of having the right skill set and also being very persistent and thinking outside the box a little. Kind regards. Karen

Your question 2: COs have often specifically asked applicants for proof that they have contacted employers and recruiters in NZ. Responses saying, for instance, 'Dear Mr Applicant, I cannot take things further with you now, but you have exactly the skill set we need in our company, so please contact me again when you have your visa' will go a long way to show that there are openings waiting for this person.

Thank you very much. You are great Karen. I really appreciate your time & consideration.

I claimed 125 points in my EOI. From the beginning, I have been mentioning about my Residency application in the covering letter and that if a job is offered than this process will become faster.

Unfortunately, none of the posted jobs matched with my profile, but thanks anyway.

I have sent you my CV. I would really appreciate, if you could please send me the contacts of some good & reliable recruiters out there.

Kind Regards

Hi JandM,

In my case having a CO assigned, do I need to forward this type of employers' response to my CO? Or just mention it during the interview?

Regards,
    Elan

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your question 2: COs have often specifically asked applicants for proof that they have contacted employers and recruiters in NZ. Responses saying, for instance, 'Dear Mr Applicant, I cannot take things further with you now, but you have exactly the skill set we need in our company, so please contact me again when you have your visa' will go a long way to show that there are openings waiting for this person.

This kind of thing isn't specifically asked for as evidence to go with an ITA, but I know some forumites have sent such letters in (only, beware of not overwhelming the CO with paperwork). Definitely, it's a good idea to mention it in the interview, and/or send copies at the time of the interview. Just recently, there has been somebody on the threads who had their interview, and then the CO specifically asked to see letters from potential employers. If you have such letters, in my view it is good if copies of them, or a written note from you saying that such things exist, gets put into your file around the time of the interview. That way, your CO can't forget, and the second person check official can see, that you've got good feedback about your employability from NZ employers.

Thanks JandM!

Thank you very much JandM for your usual supporting attitude.

Your feedback always worth for me.

Your suggestion is absolutely workable.

Infact, now a days, I am trying to gather such types of responses from NZ employer before Interview.

Thanks once again for your input.

Mughal

Hi Mughal.

What is the stage of your application? From the above conversation, I conclude that ITA is approved and Interview is scheduled.

From the ITA perspective, could you please shed some light that at the time of ITA submisssion, did you have your qualifications and experience certified by NZQA or IPENZ?

Regards,
    Ankur

Quote Originally Posted by Ankur View Post
    Hi Mughal.

What is the stage of your application? From the above conversation, I conclude that ITA is approved and Interview is scheduled.

From the ITA perspective, could you please shed some light that at the time of ITA submisssion, did you have your qualifications and experience certified by NZQA or IPENZ?

Regards,
    Ankur
    Hi Ankur,

Your conclusion is correct.

My residency application is accepted for further processing. I am currently waiting for Case Officer to be assigned.

For ITA submission, INZ asked me for NZQA only and I provided the same.

Please note NZQA has nothing to do with evaluation of your work experience. They only asses your qualification based on NZQF (New Zealand Qualifications Framework).

BTW what is the stage of your Case?

Regards,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast