Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Work to residence visa (accredited employer)

Default Work to residence visa (accredited employer)

Dear Members,

I have a job offer from an accredited NZ employer and I have applied for a work to residence visa-accredited employer in Dubai branch.I have two questions:

1) From your experience and if all papers are ready,how much time it will take the branch to process my application?
    1) I have a family a wife and two daughters ,can I apply for a VISA for them once I arrive new zealand? and how much time does this need.

Appreciate your answer.

Thanks

Hi. The website is saying 25 days (that's actual not working days) is average at Dubai branch right now. You can apply for your wife and children's visas now. You don't have to wait for yours to be approved. Exactly what you need to do depends on whether your wife want a Visitor or a Work Visa and how old your children are i.e. do they need student visas or visitor visas because they are under 5? Let me know and I will tell you which forms you need to complete. Kind regards. Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. The website is saying 25 days (that's actual not working days) is average at Dubai branch right now. You can apply for your wife and children's visas now. You don't have to wait for yours to be approved. Exactly what you need to do depends on whether your wife want a Visitor or a Work Visa and how old your children are i.e. do they need student visas or visitor visas because they are under 5? Let me know and I will tell you which forms you need to complete. Kind regards. Karen
    Thanks Karen.
    Actually our plan is to discover the country and prepare the accomodation and bring them here.
    I have two kids aged 9 and 7.Actually I have lodged my application ...do you think I might have a problem later??

Hi there

As Karen said you can apply for family together. I have recently applied for same visa as yours with my family included in London branch and took two weeks for get approval.

You shouldn't have any problem when you send in your applications for visas for your wife and children. You will need to send a covering letter, linking them together, AND to your application already submitted.

Thanks dear JandM.Regarding the 25 days is this realistic period or it may take much longer? I'm afraid my employer will not wait..

Your employer has made you a formal job offer, knowing that you are a migrant and have to go through the formalities. They are very unlikely to let you down - it would look very bad for them if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your employer has made you a formal job offer, knowing that you are a migrant and have to go through the formalities. They are very unlikely to let you down - it would look very bad for them if they did.
    Yes sure.but I'm hearing strange stories about applications being held for long periods and this is stressing me out..

And where are you hearing these stories from?

Sad to say, whenever someone starts to tell people that they are about to emigrate, there are others who will bring up anything that will cause worry or concern to the migrant. We've seen it time and again on the forum. This MAY be happening around you.

All that hopes well goes well

All the best

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast