Thread: Generic outcome from nzqa

Default Generic outcome from nzqa

Hiii alll
    Today ive got my iqa results its a bachelor degree at level 7
    My question is is this ok with the silver fern visa or not?

Another thing guys am graduated from university in egypt and i got a letter that say that the entire language of study is english (my universty is not recognized as its in egypt) my question is about if this is enough for english requirments or not?????

And what is your career?

About the English, you should be all right, although some INZ COs have an automatic reaction to say, 'Where is your IELTS score?' Normally, if you then reply drawing attention to the letter from your university, that should pass, although be aware that a CO does have a right to call for IELTS if there is any doubt about your evidence.

My carrer is electrical engineer for biomedical devises and graduated from electrical and communcation department
    Are you sure as i read it must be a recognized qualification ,what is that mean?

And about my iqa ?

For the nzqa, it means that your qualification should be comparable to a qualification in nz standard. Since the result is generic outcome, you maybe required to get certifications for ipenz. I've seen some folks here in the forum who were required to provide ipenz certifications for generic outcomes (though i'm not quite sure if same should apply for silver fern visa applications), they should be able to help out. By the way, are you required to be registered in order to do your job?

For the english ability, as JandM mentioned, this should be ok. i was not asked for IELTS since i already have my english certificate from my university. You just have to make this clear in your ITA cover leter.
    Last edited by trevore; 18th May 2013 at 09:04 AM.

my jop doesn't require a registration as am electrical and communication engineer ,i hope that they will not need the certificate from ipenz,
    regarding the IELTS is this will be ok even my university is not recognized ???
    trevore where is your university ??? does they gree with the letter you got or what they said about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by monmon_kng View Post
    my jop doesn't require a registration as am electrical and communication engineer ,i hope that they will not need the certificate from ipenz,
    regarding the IELTS is this will be ok even my university is not recognized ???
    trevore where is your university ??? does they gree with the letter you got or what they said about it ?
    Yes, let's hope they will not ask for the IPENZ certificate.

Yes, even if the university is not recognized, as long as you have the english certificate, then this should be ok. Also if you have English subjects in your credentials, that would also help. You can also provide evidence if your means of communication in your current work is English. But as what JandM also mentioned, CO has always the right to ask for your IELTS if they are in doubt. And CO should be able to provide you with reason why there is a need for IELTS.