Thread: Needed Level 7 but got level 6 - Would PMP, ITIL certification count?

Default Needed Level 7 but got level 6 - Would PMP, ITIL certification count?

I was in the process of applying for a SF JSV, even made the quota, but now NZQA informs me of a level 6 (240 credits) specified outcome...
    I am a BCOM degree holder of Mumbai University. I sent all the required certificate, marksheets, ciriculum etc. nothing was left out.

Now I am wondering if I should have sent my PMP & ITIL certificates also.
    Can the members please advise on whether these would allow me to climb up to level 7?

FYI PMP is a project management professional certification issued by www.PMI.org and the ITIL is a certification issued by Exin.
    Both are international bodies.

Hi Pereira

So sorry to hear this but I don't think PMP or ITIL will give you any edge in climbing a level. I know both because I am also PMP and ITIL certified myself but these two are not the academic degrees as compared to the Level 7 of NZQA which is equivalent to NZ Bachelors degree.

I don't think you can go anywhere from here. The only other option you have is if you have done PAR rather than IQA, then you can apply for IQA. We know from past posts that NZQA may change the outcome in IQA. But if you already done IQA then sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Regards
    SOhail

Quote Originally Posted by sohailinnz View Post
    Hi Pereira

So sorry to hear this but I don't think PMP or ITIL will give you any edge in climbing a level. I know both because I am also PMP and ITIL certified myself but these two are not the academic degrees as compared to the Level 7 of NZQA which is equivalent to NZ Bachelors degree.

I don't think you can go anywhere from here. The only other option you have is if you have done PAR rather than IQA, then you can apply for IQA. We know from past posts that NZQA may change the outcome in IQA. But if you already done IQA then sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Regards
    SOhail
    The funny thing is I know other with a BCOM degree from Mumbai University, who have got a level 7. Im wondering why I got Level 6.
    Where are you from Sohail?