Thread: Job Offer from Foreign company opening an branch office

Default Job Offer from Foreign company opening an branch office

Hi All,
    My company in Singapore want to open a branch office of the company in NZ and get me transferred there and work there and concentrate on some business contacts as well. Do you think this will be enough for the skilled employment job, or it has to be local company there. They will pay me in NZD of course and i will be stationed in Auckland NZ. Please advise?

Anyone was transferred like this or any other procedure for this, please advise, i am nervous of the outcome of my application, i am on JSV.

thanks
    FAR

It is certainly possible for this to work - it depends on how the company establishes itself. See this from the INZ website. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...gwithemployer/ They would need to satisfy INZ that they were setting up in line with NZ legal requirements, etc.. In your place, I would talk to INZ about what your employers have in mind, and make sure the employers are in touch with them, too.

It depends on what position you will be engaged in and what responsibilities you will undertake. If this role in the new branch meets the requirements of a skilled job, I guess you will be very likely to get a positive feedback from INZ. I suggest you inform and liaise with INZ proactively.

Hi, Actually i did talk to the CO, as i am in Auckland and i am on JSV, so i thought this could be used a skilled job. Which it is a highly skilled job, but the CO said that you can work with them till your permit, they will not approve me to the PR status for which my application was deferred for a year. I don't know what to do now.

I already have the JSV under SMC, which includes the work permit, the link you sent me is for the people who don't have any visa and relocating.... Can i use this job as skilled employment because it will be skilled job

I didn't mean you should apply under that link. I was showing you the page to reassure you that sometimes, people CAN get work visas and/or residence when their company is moving to NZ.

In your place, I would ask your company to try dealing with INZ in NZ. I don't think your CO from when you were in your home country would have the right to decide about the company, whether or not it would be set up right. Now you are in NZ, you are under the control of the local INZ office.

But if INZ in NZ keep saying that that job would not count under SMC to get you your Residence, you would have no choice but to find a different skilled job.