Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From Malaysia to NZ?

Default From Malaysia to NZ?

Hi bulu

Sorry I had to use this but I just couldn't find a way to PM you. I would to chat with you. Can you please PM or e-mail me? Thanks.

Hi lokety,
    Don't be shy about posting messages and questions. The people here are (mostly) very kind and might be able to answer any questions you have better than i can. (But) if you still want to PM me, you just need 4 more posts.

Hi bulu

I was hoping to be able to connect with you as I see that you were from Malaysia and have settled down in NZ.

I don't really want to mess up this thread with irrelevant posts just to reach 5, so I'll just wait till I post enough else where or find one thread specifically about Malaysians migrating. Is there one?

Lokety,
    There's no specific thread for Malaysians but you can try to post something in the "Introduction" section to see if there is any Malaysians out there. I think there are probably more Singaporeans in this forum.

I have met a handful of Malaysians thru this forum and (interestingly), most of us are living within a 3 km radius of each other and we do meet when we can. Most of the Malaysians here lay very low profile but coincidentally, my real estate agent is a Malaysian, my lawyer is a Malaysian, My loans officer is a Malaysian and my builder is married to a Malaysian.

Quote Originally Posted by bulu View Post
    Lokety,
    I have met a handful of Malaysians thru this forum and (interestingly), most of us are living within a 3 km radius of each other and we do meet when we can. Most of the Malaysians here lay very low profile but coincidentally, my real estate agent is a Malaysian, my lawyer is a Malaysian, My loans officer is a Malaysian and my builder is married to a Malaysian.
    Good to know that you guys are near one another.

Perhaps one day I'll get to introduce myself to you folks down there.

Meanwhile, I would like to find out from you if life for you has been better after spending 2 years in NZ, compared to what you experienced (and perhaps recent national events you may have heard about) in MY.

Do you feel that the decision was right?

That's a fair question. I see similar questions comparing NZ with places such as UK and US but i don't think anyone has made comparison between NZ and Malaysia.
    I am not going to try to do the comparison here, but just for thoughts, you can look at some sites that compares quality of living in cities of the world (ie http://www.mercer.com/qualityoflivingpr#city-rankings). Auckland ranked 3rd. Wellington 13th. Try finding any Malaysian cities there.

A MP in NZ has to step down for being rude to a waiter, but a cabinet minister in Malaysia can insult the whole nation and gets away with it.

Are you alone or with family?

Well I'm asking for feedback on a personal level, not in terms of statistics and rankings. I'm with family.

What are the expected things that came true for you?

If we were to count the ways that the government officials does bad stuff and get away with it, it would flood this forum.

Wonder if there are other Malaysians in this forum, whether physically in NZ or those planning to go. Please say hi.

Hi!!

Hi there lokety,

We are based in Tauranga and have been in NZ since 2010.

It is hard to make comparision as everyone comes with different expectation and different life experiences. For us.... A family of 4 with kids age 7 & 9 when we arrive, we have no regrets. Even after 3 years, I often have the " wow I can't believe that I live in this awesome place" feeling. My kids now 13 & 10 have developed so much that I don't believe they could have thrived in the Malaysian School System.

Anyway welcome to the forum and what is your timeline like? Have you submitted your EOI or are you just begining to explore the option?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast