Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Migrant Levy Fees and Service Fee- Is this applicable for me if I am going for stamping in person

Question Migrant Levy Fees and Service Fee- Is this applicable for me if I am going for stamping in person

Hello ALL,

I have been given option to send passports to Shanghai for blue stickers with $510 DD +$10 Bank Charge +$30 Courier Fees {Total USD 550} (Accepts only Bank DD in USD)
    and other option being go to Singapore in person and get the stickers stamped which can being done by DD or Cash or Credit Card as below,
    Apart from this now extra info given by CO

Payment Methods For Singapore Branch
    ------------------------------------
    Personal Cheque NO
    Bank Cheque/Draft YES
    Money Order NO
    Cash YES
    Credit Card YES

Payment Notes
    Cash, credit card or bank draft if submitting application to the VAC in person. Bank draft or credit card if lodging application by mail or courier. One bank draft for both service fee and visa application fee.
    Applicants must pay the visa application fee plus a service fee of S$40 per application. Is this applicable for me if I am coming in person for stamping?
    Bank drafts are payable to VFS Singapore Pte Ltd.

Applicants must pay the visa application fee plus a service fee of S$40 per application. This service fee applicable to me if I am going for stamping in person?

I reckon so.. Perhaps, it's better to get it clarified with CO...

I think you can ask your CO to transfer your application to Singapore. I did the same and my case officer transferred my application electronically from London to Christchurch, and I stamped my passport there in christchurch

Thnaks Sribhat
    I have mailed CO, and she has not come back yet with her reply.

Have you arranged to go to the Singapore Immigration Branch or the Singapore Visa Acceptance Centre in Singapore (VFS Singapore) to drop off your passports for stamping?
    The Service Fee is payable to the VAC for all applications lodged there, as far as I am aware they are no followup fees for getting your residency stamped in your passport.

As i assume you are going to the Immigration branch, then there are only the fees requested by your CO.

Hey eternalkiwi, thanks for the information.
    Are you from Singapore?
    Do you know is it possible to get a passport stamped within same day as I am going to Singapore on business trip for 3 days. Or generally it takes time for stamping. I have mailed the same to concerned person in INZ Singapore but seems she is busy or on vacation so really don't know where I will be going INZ Singapore or Singapore VFS.

Hi. The VAC fee is payable regardless! The courier fee is only payable if you want your passport sending to you by courier. The VAC is fairly new in Singapore and I have recently had a problem on behalf of clients who had stated that they would collect their passports there. It took several days and emails before the VAC staff realised that they didn't have to charge the courier fee if passport and visas were being collected in person. It is now hopefully something they know. Hope this helps. Karen

Thanks Karen,
    But my other question was, can I get labels stamped the same day as I am on business trip to Singapore for 3 days, and have days constraints.
    As I said earlier I have asked the same to INZ SG CO but she is yet to reply.

Hi
    Sorry - only just seen this! I thought I saw something on the Singapore Branch INZ website that said it took 3 days to get visa stamped. However, if you contacted your CO ahead of time and explained the situation, you might be in luck. When you know for sure through experience, I would really appreciate the answer as I have several clients who will be travelling to Singapore specifically to get their passports stamped with the visa. Cheers. Karen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast