Thread: Christchurch Processing Times FYI

Default Christchurch Processing Times FYI

I called yesterday because it has been 6 months and I am still in a managed queue and no case officer for a skilled migrant application. When I applied, it was 2 months. Then at 2 months, they changed it to 4-6 months. They just told me now they have changed it to 7 months for a case officer now. I am pretty sure they are just stringing everyone along at the moment. This is getting painful.

'Stringing people along'? Don't take this personally. Think what the conditions in the office must be like. They've had to move, there has been huge disruption, and on top of that, there is a great influx of migrant workers, ALL wanting to be dealt with immediately.

I think in general terms, INZ serves a first-come-first-serve practice, but there ARE priorities for different categories or scenarios. In the meantime, immigration officers are accountable for handling a number of visa applications allocated to them, which they have to inspect in rotation every day. Personally I don't think waiting for a few months is too long to suffer compared to the processing time in Immigration Canada, where applicants have to wait for a couple of years before the decision is made.