Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need friend!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default need friend!

Hi there, i'm here because i'm feeling a bit lonely. I moved to NZ from the UK 3 years ago and have been in the same job where there's some people I really get on with but prefer to try and keep work and home life separate (i'm not particularly keen on my job and don't fancy talking about it after hours!)

I am married to a kiwi and live near Te Awamutu. I am 38, we have 2 dogs and are just starting to try for our first child (thought we'd better before all our bits dry up lol)

So just wondering If anyones in the same boat or even just wants someone to chat to online

Hi Clairelouise,

I've been here just about 3 years too, have just acquired 2 dogs...and had my sons at just under 38, eleven years ago. The way things have worked out have not developed good friends at work even though am there most of the time, too much really!

Happy to chat ...have to admit *blush* not sure enough of my geography to know where you live!? Once you make five posts you can pm me!

Hi Mamee & Co, thanks for your reply, what dogs have you got? we have 2 st bernards, rather large and hairy! i get plenty of exercise and walk one after the other every morning (they weight more than me so wouldn't manage both together lol) missy our female is only a yr old so still very puppy like.
    Wondering how im going to be able to walk them if i fall pregnant but guess ill cross that bridge when i come to it!
    All a bit scary too as my family aren't here to help with a baby and Stans mum in is Auckland which is a couple hrs away (we're just south of Hamilton) but guess there'll be some local groups i can join, i'll have to find out some info.
    Are you married? what do you do for work? i work in an office just doing boring admin!

Hi,

I am in Auckland,I am happy to chat too!

Cheers,
    nz_newbie

Hi newbie! where are you from originally? what do you do in Auckland?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am in the UK but happy to chat online and maybe invite myself for coffee when we are out there in July

Hi Mike and Caroline thanks for your reply

Whereabouts in the UK are you? im from Exeter in Devon. Are you moving out? and where are you moving to?

Hi Claire Louise,

My dogs are at the opposite end of the scale...Jack Russell Terriers...so I can carry both At once...and if I pull too hard on the lead I lift them up! I'm married and work full time these days as a Financial Controller...long hours and hard work but I enjoy it, mostly! Love the weekends with my pups and sons though..well at least after an early night on a Friday!

Hi Claire, I'm in Blenheim, here 3.5yrs & originally from Dublin, no pets and no kids (& a little shy of posting my age on the forum, but suffice to say I'm a '70s child!). Happy to chat if you're not talked out with all your new friends, or exhausted from walking with your 2 lovely dogs!

Post 1 more time and then I can PM you. I live nr TA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast