Thread: Making the move from Dubai

Post Making the move from Dubai

Hi,

I have started planing my move and likely to happen between July-August and looking for some info from fellow members.

I have 2 questions:

1. For people who moved from UAE: any shipping company you recommend or used / Or maybe I should avoid using?

2. For people who moved recently in general: After making the move, what is the most important thing that you did not bring along and you wish that you have brought it along with you? and why?

I guess we will be seeing very interesting responses to 2nd question

Cheers

Hello mate.. gud luck on your move. I don't have the answers for your query; I'm sure maybe other members who can help!

I just thought of mentioning something that could help: When you make the first move to NZ, if you talk to airlines, they may allow upto 30Kg check in baggage/person.

Hi there -

Few things which I think you should keep in mind, I am sure you must have but want to share, since I will be making the move soon as well.
    Make sure you have the universal converter plug with you, the electric/electronic gadgets will be benefited, laptop chargers, cell phone chargers etc.
    Since the move is in July/Aug - carry good woolen clothes with you since there will be winter down there.
    Some Airlines provide extra baggage allowance when you are immigrating for the first time, I am sure emirates dont - but no harm in asking in Dubai since its their base and might get different opinion. Singapore airlines surely does.
    I am not sure about the cargo company to choose, I am too looking for the answer to that question
    All the best, Cheers !!

Thanks mate really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks sribhat for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshumistry View Post
    Hi there -

Few things which I think you should keep in mind, I am sure you must have but want to share, since I will be making the move soon as well.
    Make sure you have the universal converter plug with you, the electric/electronic gadgets will be benefited, laptop chargers, cell phone chargers etc.
    Since the move is in July/Aug - carry good woolen clothes with you since there will be winter down there.
    Some Airlines provide extra baggage allowance when you are immigrating for the first time, I am sure emirates dont - but no harm in asking in Dubai since its their base and might get different opinion. Singapore airlines surely does.
    I am not sure about the cargo company to choose, I am too looking for the answer to that question
    All the best, Cheers !!