Thread: Work visa approved- just for main applicant, or both?

Default Work visa approved- just for main applicant, or both?

I just logged into the immigration.govt.nz website to see, on off chance, whether our work visa and SMC applications were on there- not sure of processing times etc.

To my surprise, there's a work visa on there for my husbands passport number, status "APPROVED". It says it expires August, so I'm taking it that this is actually the work visa being granted, and we can go?!

One question though: there's no mention of me or my passport number on there. We've applied for me together a partnership based temporary visa, so it all hinges off my husband. If there's no mention of me on the website, does that mean I don't yet have a visa?

Desperate to know!

(Also gobsmacked as to processing time for work visa. If this does mean its approved and ready to go, it took 1 and a half days from forms arriving to being granted. That must be too fast, surely?!)

Hi EmmaB! Your partnership work visa would have been lodged on a separate form. Although your applications are linked I am wondering if you have logged in to the INZ website as you to check the progress? It may just be a day or so behind as your visa could not be approved until your husband's was approved. If there's nothing on your login then I would try to relax and wait until Tuesday when the office re-opens. If not, a quick email to your Case Officer would answer your question. Kind regards. Karen

Thanks Karen for your reply.

Very good point about the separate forms and separate logins. And also about the need to have my husband's visa before approving mine- I hadn't considered any of those.

We only have one set of details, sadly, as the company lawyers have only given us the ones for the EOI which was in my husband's name. Also, as the correspondence is going through them, I don't have details of any CO yet. Guess will have to wait and see for now.

HI. I feel fairly sure that if INZ were going to approve your husband's visa and not yours, they would have been in touch by now. I can't be sure of course as I don't know enough about your situation. Be patient until Tuesday and then make some enquiries. I feel fairly sure it will turn out fine! I do hope so! Kind regards. Karen

... just a thought... it seems very strange that if it has only just been issued it expires in August, could this be the EOI not the work visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    ... just a thought... it seems very strange that if it has only just been issued it expires in August, could this be the EOI not the work visa?
    Is that the expiry date for first arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by kuncle View Post
    Is that the expiry date for first arrival?
    Yes, first arrival. Expiry expiry 30 months after that, I believe. (Our EOI for SMC expires in July, but we've submitted forms etc at same time as work.)

I now have my answer....whether I was a different login or not, we now have two passports with lovely blue work visas in them, one each.

Shocked as to how quick it was...now it's full speed ahead with packing, shipping, and figuring out where on earth we'll be staying upon arrival sometime extremely soon!

Fantastic news!

Congratulations!