Thread: Curious George

Default Curious George

Hi .. I am just feel curious abt this .. suppose if I applied for SMC .. had 140+ points (including my spouses qualification) .. and received an ITA.. etc etc .. and then received a JSV under SMC .. Would it be only me that would receive the JSV as the primary applicant or will my spouse also receive the JSV?? just curious ..

your spounse wont receive JSV.
    You have to go to New Zealand to find a Job and then apply for Residence Visa. at that time, your spounse will also be granted the residence visa.

gjmfl is correct. Only the primary applicant is available for SMC JSV if INZ has decided to defer your SMC application. Neither the partner nor other family members that are included in the application is able to go under this JSV. It is not directly related to how many points you have claimed in your application.

Hmmm. They haven't changed the rules since you got the answer to this question before, you know! http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....723#post479723

Hey guys.. Thanks for the replies in this thread.. u answered what the poor lady at our immigration office was not able to answer.. she kept on saying u need a job to get residence .. u need a job to get residence.. but what she failed to get across was "only I will get a JSV and not my spouse despite the fact that she will be included in the application, having claimed bonus points off of her qualifications" .. I dont think she understood the question...