Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smc

Smile Smc

Hi,

My case officer says she has recommended my application ofr approval and it is now in a queue for Quality check. What does that mean. How long will it take for the Quality check in other words how far am I away from getting approved. Please let me know.

I got the same message from my case officer when my application was under processing, it took from me 2 days to get approved as after two days my online application status has been changed to "Approved" and after couple of hours I got her Email that I have been approved. Be patient, it shouldn't take much time

The Quality Check (also sometimes called second-person check, or verification) is when the whole case is looked over by another official. It's done for every single case, to look out for mistakes and to guard against possible corruption. Here's wishing you a good, quick, process. However, as with everything under INZ, how quickly it happens varies with conditions in the particular office at the time - we've seen people talk about a matter of hours, only, right up to weeks.

First of all, congrats to both of you!

In the meantime, I am kind of curious why some COs tell applicants of their recommendations before their peers / seniors have finished the SPC. Is that appropriate?

Thank you.. and congrats on getting your application approved I am eagerly waiting. Hope it does not take longer....

Hi JandM, Thank you for your quick response. How long does it take normally, on an average? I am just eager to know.

I am kind of curious why some COs tell applicants of their recommendations before their peers / seniors have finished the SPC.
    It's very rare. I've only heard of it twice, both times just recently. I don't think it's appropriate, because supposing the second person FOUND a mistake, it might mean that whatever recommendation the CO wanted to make was wrong. No applicant would like it if he'd been celebrating getting approved, then because of something missing in the paperwork, he couldn't get residence after all.

How long does it take normally, on an average?
    I'm sure you're on pins, waiting to know. I can't tell you anything meaningful, though. As I said, there is a wide variation in what happens, and nobody outside the particular INZ office dealing with your case could tell you how they are getting on with this particular phase of processing at the moment. An average of what we've been told on the threads (and of course, there are hundreds of applicants dealt with who do not join this forum, so we don't know about them) would probably be one month, but that average has no predictive value at all.

Hi JandM,

Thanks for your reply. I understand. One more question wiull I be eligible to enrol in a course in the Open polytech as a domestic student immediately after I get my resident visa??? please advise. I am confused

You will be able to study as a domestic student once you have Residence http://www.minedu.govt.nz/NZEducatio...icStudent.aspx, but you won't be eligible for any financial assistance from the NZ government until you have been in NZ on your Residence visa for two years. (I see from the NZ OP website that they offer some scholarships, but you would have to check with them whether you would be eligible.) I don't know from your question whether you mean, would you be able to start to study immediately upon getting Residence, before travelling to NZ - I see that NZ OP do take domestic students who are abroad, but WITH an extra charge. http://www.openpolytechnic.ac.nz/stu...ees-and-costs/

Hi JandM thanks for that. I am in NZ at the moment. I am on a work visa. Just wanted to know if I will be eligible to study as a domestic student as soon as I get my resident visa. Your answer helped. Thanks a lot again.

I will let you know when I hear from my case officer next

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast